The Ocean

Credit: Levicanwrite /@Levicanwrite
Scene: Fluff, short angst moments.
Age: 24-25
Specifics: Quirkless AU. Izuku is in a wheel chair (paralysed)
______________________________________

Midoriya Izuku was paralysed in the legs ever since he was born. It was a natural defect, he didn't go through any traumatic accident at all, yet, he was still unable to use his legs. He didn't know what it was like to walk till this day, but he wasn't too sad.

His mother, Midoriya Inko, had taken him out of school when he was younger due to bullying. The kids were cruel and had no sympathy for the poor boy. Inko was scared something would happen to him and decided to homeschool him instead. She was rather protective over him ever since her husband moved overseas for work. She was the only parent around and needed to protect him at all costs.

Even of it meant he'd always be at home with her.

Izuku barely went outside because of his over protective mother, but this was one of those days Inko decided to let him get a breath of fresh air.

He rolled his wheelchair himself as they chatted along the sidewalk, taking a stroll in their quiet neighbourhood.

"Mom, when will you take me to see it?" he asked. Inko stared down at him with a sigh.

"I don't have time to take you. I have work and other thigs to do too," she stated before stopping at a short hill.

"I'm already twenty-five and not once have I seen the real thing," he complained leaning back in his wheelchair. Inko just laughed and took in the sight of the warm sunny day. Kids were running around and playing as usual. When they came rushing towards Izuku with a ball, they weren't paying attention and accidentally knocked into him, his wheelchair reversing backwards. Before Izuku could stop himself, he was alreading going downhill.

He panicked and Inko yelled out, reaching for him, but their fingers missed by an inch.

"Izuku!" she yelled and the greenet's heart raced. He felt the wind at the back of his head, a gasp leaving him as he thought that this was the end of his life.

Until he hit something, falling out of his wheelchair and onto the gravel.

"Ow!" the feminine voice yelped in pain before groaning. Izuku was still in shock lying on the ground. The same woman then turned her head to see what had knocked her over until her eyes widened.

"Oh lord, are you alright?!" she jumped up from the floor thinking she had hurt a disabled citizen, but when she dropped to her knees, she met absolutely outstanding, bright jade eyes.

As for the other, the person had blocked his view from the sun so he could only see an outline of the person. Breaking out of her trance she sat him up.

"Sir, are you okay?" she asked slowly, thinking he might of hit his head.

"I'm alright, thank you... " he trailed off once he caught her gaze. She was stunning, he thought.

Picking up the wheelchair, she helped him back onto it, putting it on breaks in case he decided to go tumbling down more hills.

Before they could speak, Inko's voice rang into their ears.

"Izuku!" she came running and stopped, falling before him with tears staining her cheeks. After inspecting him, she faced the girl.

"Thank you for saving my son!" she bowed her head repeatedly, but the brunette girl shook her head, waving her hands around.