Distance

Credit: AryaMunn/ @AryaMunn
Scene: Fluff, angst
Age: 17-18
Specifics: They're dating. Quirkless AU
______________________________________

It was their first day of high school. Both Izuku and Ochako were nervous, having been in the same middle school for years and now a fresh start in a new scene.

Alright Ochako, you got this! You're going to make a bunch of new friends and have the best three years of your life!

With a determined smile plastered on her face, she took her first step to a new beginning.

But for some reason, she found her self falling forward.

She'd tripped over her own feet!

I didn't even enter the school yet and I'm about to make the most embarrassing first impression ever!

She awaited the fall to come, her hands not even making a move to cover her face at all. She prepared herself to wince, but the ground didn't make contact with her at all. In fact it felt like forever since she tripped.

Am I dead?

"H-Hi there," a soft, timid voice spoke. A boy's voice she noted. Her eyes opened slowly, her vision was staring straight to the floor, bigger hands wrapped around her waist, having caught her already. But they didn't budge.

"Oh!" she jumped out of his hold, the feeling of a guy's hands on her made her blush. She brushed off the imaginary dirt from her uniform and mentally prepared a thank you to the boy.

Finally meeting his gaze, her voice caught in her throat. The apology and thank you suddenly foreign to her tongue, she was unable to form words or a coherent sentence.

"A-Are you okay?" he asked, pink coating his freckled cheeks. He was new to conversing with females, so it was a bit awkward.

Her ears didn't catch his concern for her. She was too busy staring at his adorable face. His hair was messy, eyes green and round. His face was coated with freckles and his face was on the chubby side but somehow still... What was the word? Sharp? No-

"Uh," he voiced, she broke from her trance and immediately apologised for her staring.

He probably thinks I'm a weirdo!

"T-Thank you for saving me! That would've been so embarrassing," she laughed awkwardly while scratching the back of her head, no particular itch, but it was just a habit of hers when she was nervous.

"It's not a problem really, it would be a bad omen if you were to fall on the first day," he stated with a bright smile, eyes squinted as if it was closed. The sun shone on his face, his smile brightening her whole day already.

"Wow," she mumbled under her breath in awe.

"My name's Midoriya Izuku by the way," he held out his hand, not sure how else to introduce himself.

"Uraraka Ochako," she energetically grabbed his hand and shook it, getting back to her old self.

They decided to walk in together, not talking too much since they just met, but Izuku took the initiative to start a conversation. It was completely random. Just questions about school or her goals for the year. They got comfortable really quick once they found the board or which students go to which class.

"Hey, we're in the same class!" Ochako pointed out, Izuku followed her line of sight and smiled in relief.

"Class 1-A," he voiced.