Cats

Credit:FreddyBearGentleman /@FreddyBearGentleman
Scene: Fluff, angst, short story.
Age: 16
Specifics: Izuku is cursed. Quirkless AU.

(A/N: I apologize in advance to the person who requested this. I don't know why I took the story so far)

______________________________________

It was a sunny weekday morning and the news played to fill the silence in the quiet homes.

"Another missing person. People say he was a first year high-schooler-"

"Mom, Dad! I'm leaving for school!" the girl called out to her mother as she ran out of the house, her school bag hanging off her arm and the warm breakfast in her mouth. She runs quickly to catch the train to school, passing by her elderly neighbours, giving them waves and rushed 'good morning' greetings.

Hopping onto the train, just in time, she sighed in relief. Grabbing her phone from her pocket, she scrolled through the class group chat and a few of her socials.

The morning news played in public vehicles as well.

"The poor boy must've been abducted on his way to school,"

"There's been many reports about missing kids. We might have a problem on our hands,"

Of course Ochako heard about the recent, 'supposed', kidnappings, but it wasn't on her mind as she thought about all the things she'd be doing at school. Her parents religiously try to remind her to be careful on the streets, but she just acknowledges them with a flick of the wrist. 

Finally getting off the train and skipping to school, she made it. The brunette was energetic as always, finishing her buttered toast as the guys around her age stared at her weirdly. But she didn't care one bit, only searching for her friends while she neared the school gates.

Her name was Uraraka Ochako; a normal first year high-school student.

"Ochako-chan, you're early for once," her best friend, Asui Tsuyu, said as a greeting. Ochako, embraced her in a bone crushing hug, but the greenette didn't mind. The two girls laughed at themselves, missing each other dearly from their summer break.

"You know me Tsuyu-chan!" she giggled as they walked into the crowded school hallways. They greeted their teachers while making their way to the class. When they did, it was already filled with chatter and goofing around.

"Let's have a great day at school!"

~~

After school ended, Ochako waved her friend goodbye before taking the train back home as well, stopping at a nearby mochi street-stand for a snack. She loved sweets, so she couldn't help herself when the lavishing aroma of fresh cakes entered her nostrils.

Walking along in her neighbourhood, something completely strange caught her sense sight. Ochako wasn't sure if her eyes needed to be checked but she was almost certain she just saw a cat. Not just any cat- but a green one.

That's definitely a unique color to dye your cat, she thought, approaching the small kitten like creature.

Leaning down, the cat stared up at her curiously. It was abnormal for a cat to have big, wide eyes and a fluffy mop of hair on its head. It looked different than others.

Hesitantly reaching for the feline, the cat allowed her to touch it's fur.

Soft. Was the first thought that came to mind.