Cannibalism / Part 1

Credit: DarkScythe_21/ @DarkScythe_21
Scene: Action, short story
Age: 16
Specifics: Tokyo Ghoul/Deku AU. Eventual Izuocha! The beginning is more of Izuku's story- or rather origin? Part 2 will surround Izuocha more than this.
______________________________________

Cannibalism is the eating of human flesh by humans. It is also called anthropophagy. Cannibals are almost never true psychopaths, who have trouble making meaningful connections with other human beings. In general, they tend to develop extreme attachments to people and suffer from neediness and low self-esteem.

From a young age, Midoriya Izuku had trouble speaking with others. He didn't like being around strangers and he didn't like people, other than his mother, touching him. It was normal, he was just an ordinary shy boy who loved the warmth and comfort of his own. Or at least that's what his mother, Inko, thought.

At four years old, his mother put him in to a nursery since she started working more. She thought everything was going well for her son until she got a call from his teacher.

"Misses Midoriya, there's a little issue regarding your son,"

Due to her motherly protective instincts, she immediately raced over. She was afraid he'd gotten terribly sick or someone hurt his feelings. Izuku was also very insecure, even if he was only four. He was smart too and understood things perfectly. Which is why he knew exactly when someone was trying to hurt his feelings. Kids were cruel.

Rushing inside the kindergarten, all the students were stood on the opposite side of the classroom while Izuku was alone in the middle. His mother was confused and reached over to her son, but the educator stopped her from doing so.

"Wait!" The teacher yelled, holding Inko.

"Why? What's going on with my son?" she asked, panicking. She looked at the kids who were shivering in the corner, crying with fear in their eyes. Then she noticed a kid whose arm was covered in a recent bandage due to a blood clot forming on the fabric.

"We think his quirk manifested," the teacher said.

Izuku was so small. A child. Yet there he was, surrounded by people who feared him and fighting the urge to do something he didn't want to do. His quirk was scaring him. He felt like throwing up because he was hungry. Hungry for flesh and blood. That wasn't normal, he thought. People don't eat other people. He was so confused. He didn't mean to hurt that boy. To bite him.

He'd always sit alone in the corner an play with some puzzles or building blocks. The kid just didn't want to leave poor Izuku to play alone so he offered for the greenet to join. Obviously kids don't understand confusing things like phobias or disorders in Izuku's case, so the boy grabbed hold of Izuku's hands. The mere touch sent Izuku into panic and scared him which made his quirk's reflexes kick in. He was at the right age for his powers to manifest so it wasn't abnormal. The only thing abnormal, was the quirk he'd received.

"Izuku," his mother called out to him with tears in her eyes. When he looked up, her pupils dilated and eyes widened in fear. He had blood on his teeth and he was lightly foaming at the mouth. At the age of four, people could sense and feel his bloodlust.

Izuku himself heard his heart shatter from the look on his mother's face. Of course his mother would be scared.

So he cried, forcing himself not go near them. His legs gave out from the exhaust. This power was too much for a child. It'd given him super human strength and reflexes. His body couldn't handle it.

Then he fainted.

Later on, he was taken to a doctor. He was strapped and taken down into the hospital's basement where they tested him. His mother was informed that he had a ghoul related quirk. She had no idea what that was and so they explained it to her.