Part 6

The hot shower was waking you up and easing your hangover this morning. You hadn't felt too drunk last night, just tipsy. But the mixing of drinks from the variety of cocktails you tried had given you a headache this morning. Shutting off the water you wrapped a towel around your body and began drying you hair with another.

You tiptoed out of the bathroom but you weren't sure why you were being quiet because you could hear the sound of him turning on the tap in the kitchen. Pulling your towel tighter around your body you made your way down the hall. 

Niall was shirtless, standing in front of your coffee machine wearing just his white boxers. You knew you were staring for longer than necessary, but you couldn't help yourself. It had been a long time since you'd seen him like this and just for a second you wanted to enjoy it.

When you'd got back to yours last night you were soaked from the rain. You'd dried off with a towel and offered Niall a dry white t-shirt. You sat together on your covered balcony watching the rain, thunder and lightning bellow down on the city till gone 1am. You'd drank tea, ate biscuits and reminisced about your days at Uni while cuddling under a blanket. It had been a great night and when the rain hadn't shown signs of calming down, Niall had slept on the sofa. 

"Morning." You said as you reached the doorway.

"Morning." He said turning around. 

Nothing could prepare you for seeing him like this. You'd seen his chest hair poking out the top of his shirt a couple of times, but seeing it travel down his chest and to his happy trail was leaving you breathless. Biting your lip and averting your eyes to the kitchen window, you made a comment about the sun being out this morning.

 "That's summer in London though isn't it?" He laughed. "Rain one minute and sun the next!"

You nodded in agreement but couldn't quite meet his eyes, biting your lip to try and stop the ridiculously stupid smile that was trying to adorn your face.

 "I made coffee. I hope that's ok?" He asked you, a smile appearing on his face. He knew what he was doing to you.

"Of course it is, I'm just going to go chuck some clothes on." You replied before quickly turning around and making your way to your bedroom.

Niall was still standing in the same place when you got back to the kitchen. You'd chucked on some cotton shorts and t-shirt, throwing your wet hair up in a messy bun on top of your head.

 "Here." He said passing your coffee to you.

 "Thanks." You replied awkwardly not looking at him as he placed it in your hands.

 "Are you ok?" He asked you, his voice showing his nervousness.

No, you wanted to say. You look hot and I want to drag you into my bedroom immediately.

 "A bit of a headache." You admitted, knowing that wasn't really what he was asking you about.

He leant against the kitchen counter, staring at his bare feet. The silence was becoming awkward. Taking a sip of your coffee, you continued to gaze out the window. 

"Can I ask you something?" He suddenly said.

"Yeah, of course." 

"Are you regretting us kissing last night, because I get the impression you're not entirely comfortable with me being here this morning."

 "No, not at all. It's just........um.........your chest hair is very distracting." You finally admitted.

He snorted.