Part 14

Your insecurities about your flat being broken into by Calvin while you were away proved to be ridiculous when you arrived home and the place was exactly as you left it. But this was what he was trying to do wasn't it? The following you from outside your flat was just to play mind games with you wasn't it?

There was no way in hell that he was going to make you feel like that again.

You arrived in your office on Monday morning at 8:30, Niall was going to call the Police Case Officer that was assigned to you all. He had the piece of paper with your scribbled notes on in his pocket.

Niall came by your office just after 10am with the news of how it went.

 "So, they're not surprised he did what he did." Niall said as he made you both a coffee from your machine.

 "They weren't?"

 "Nope, he's still acting like he's innocent and that what I found he had being doing and the allegations from both You and Natalie are made up."

 "He's such a twat."

 "Yeah he is, but we can't let on when in court that we think like that. He needs to be given a fair trial and we need to be seen as credible witnesses. The truth will all come out in the end." 

 "Jack said similar to me last week actually. He's furious and was worried that Calvin might have tried to implicate him and others from the Accounts team."

 "Their work was 100% accurate and they shouldn't be worried. He can try and intimidate us and lie about us but it's our word against just his. The only person who's in his corner is his solicitor."

 "I know, I just hate the thought of his solicitor asking me questions when I don't know what they will be. I hate being unprepared."

 "It'll be fine. Please don't let it worry you. We've got takeout at Ben and Rachel's tonight to look forward to."

 "I know I know." You mumbled "Well, I need to get on so I can leave on time tonight, so you need to get your gorgeous self out of my office. You're distracting me!"

 "Distracting you?!" He smirked.

 "Yep, so bugger off!" You smirked back.

 "Ok I'll go, I've got stuff to do anyway." He said as he placed your coffee down on your desk. "I'll see you later, I love you."

 "I love you more." You replied, as you pulled him towards you by his tie.

 "That's impossible petal." He smiled as he kissed you.

He left your office carrying his coffee and swaying his bum from side to side, laughter filling your office.

 -----------------

 "So, how was seeing the in-laws again?" Rachel asked Niall.

 "Was a great weekend. I've always got on well with Jessie's family." 

 "Oh Niall you charmed them again didn't you?!" She laughed.

 "Well........" He said smiling.

 "Actually it was my nieces and nephews who were charmed the most!"

 "Ah Uncle Niall is the favourite now is he?!" Rachel said.

 "Isla actually asked me if she could call him that." You replied. 

 "Ah that's sweet! Did your Mum ask you when you were both having some?" Rachel said and you heard Niall choke on his drink.

"Oh she hinted ALOT but jeez that woman's got 5 already to keep her busy." You laughed as you patted Niall's back. "Told her she's greedy!"