Part 11

Sorry for the delay in updating again. Will be back into weekly updates now that I've fully recovered from covid and I've got over the chaos of Christmas!

Em x

******

Monday morning rolled around too quickly. Your alarm went off at 6am and Niall snoozed it before pulling you in for a cuddle.

There was general chat while you both showered, ate and got dressed. Both of you thinking about what this week would bring. The answer to this arrived an hour after you stepped foot in your office. Joyce, Michael and Niall's PA called you not long after 9am.

 "Jessica darling, Joyce here."

 "Morning Joyce, how are you?"

 "Wonderful, busy weekend with the family. How was yours?"

 "Didn't do too much, it's been hectic here so tried to have a few days to relax."

 (And have lots of sex.)

 "Well that's understandable, there's a lot going on here. Which leads me to ask you to be in meeting room B at 10am if you can?"

 "Yes I can be. Who's holding the meeting? Do I need to bring any paperwork from any contracts?"

 "No just yourself my love, all senior management are attending."

 "Oh ok. Sure that's fine."

 "Don't panic ok, everything will be fine." She said, her voice quieter than it had been.

 "Thanks Joyce, I'll bring you a vanilla latte." You replied smiling.

 "Oh you spoil me!" She laughed.

 "I try!"

 "See you at 10."

 "See you at 10."

 You sat back in your desk for a few minutes wondering what exactly would be said in the meeting. Niall hadn't shown any indication about what it might be over the weekend. Neither Michael or Gerry had called him from what you knew and you'd barely spent a minute apart. Niall hadn't even opened his laptop, he had been given strict instructions from both Michael and Gerry to take the weekend off.

Walking across the office and towards the meeting room you saw Fortis and Adam, who like you were Senior Account Managers heading there to. Michael, Gerry and Niall were already there when you walked in, all of them gave you a greeting.

Jack, Lisa and Rob from the Accounts team arrived followed by Zoe who was the Admin Manager. Last to arrive and carrying notes and her laptop was HR Manager Liz.

It was then that you knew shit was about to hit the fan.

 "Morning everyone." Michael said. "I know it's Monday morning and one of our busiest times but we needed to get a few things addressed before the week starts."

You could see everyone looking around wondering what was going on. There was a great atmosphere normally at work, like Michael had said in his retirement speech the company has a lot of family values. He and Annabelle wanted to create a working environment which was both professional but comfortable to.

 "Um there's no good way to say this but I wanted to let you all know before office gossip started.......um Calvin was arrested over the weekend."

 Oh. You knew that would happen, but it still shocked you hearing that it actually taken place.

 "What?" Jack said sounding shocked. "He said he was taking the week off, is he ok?"

 Jack clearly hadn't got a clue what was happening and by the looks of neither did Adam, Fortis, Lisa, Rob or Zoe. Liz did and you saw her glance at you.