08

Jayden

Last night was perfect. I loved every little thing that happened. I turned out to like her much more than I had originally planned. But her smile hid things, the way that family photos sometimes cover fist holes in a wall. Since I met her, no one is worth thinking about anymore. Would I be on her mind as much as she is in mine?

"Are you even listening?" My coach his hands waving in the room. I roll my eyes "No" He took a deep breath "So what I was saying, Saturday you have an important game. So mak-" "Yeah I'm going to focus on training" I interrupted him. He turned me around by pulling on my shoulder "I'm serious Jayden" I looked at his hand which is still on my shoulder and he immediately pulls his hand away. I look straight into his eyes "You're fired" "What? You can't jus-" "Well i just fucking did" I turn around and start hitting the punching bag.

I called a friend of mine. He always wanted to be my coach, so why not? He's on his way here now.

"Good afternoon bro" Damien walks in. I turn around and nod my head. "Ready to train?" "I was born ready" I took a sip from my drinking bottle. "Get in the ring" I step over the rope into boxing ring. I put on boxing gloves while I wait for Damien. He walks into the boxing ring and puts on his arm pads. I alternate hitting his right arm pad and then his left arm pad. I accelerated the pace of strokes. "Yes yes yes that's how I want to see it" Damien supported me. Sweat was trickling down my face. I threw one last hard punch to both of his arm pads causing him to step back a bit.

I take off my boxing gloves and toss them aside. I go under the rope and sit on a bench. I take big gulps of my water, Damien throws a towel over my shoulders and holds out his hand. I throw my hand against his. "Good job, take it easy the next few days and try to save your energy for Saturday" I nod as I wipe my sweat from my forehead with the towel around my neck. He looks at his watch "I have to go" He walks to the exit "See you Saturday!" I gestured my hand waving goodbye.

I have no stress for my boxing match on Saturday. I'm going to win anyway as always. People bet their money and bet on who will win, that's why they are illegal competitions.I started boxing when I was 16, which means I started boxing three years ago. Many people see it as a dangerous sport but I see it as a way to release your anger. It's also well paid so that's a bonus.

I take a shower in the changing rooms and get dressed. I look at my phone and see a notification from her and the corners of my mouth go up a bit. She's in my phone as "Ella" I like the nickname, it suits her. I open her message,

Ella: "I had a lot of fun yesterday"

Me: "Same here"

I also had a missed call from Liam so I called him back. "Hey, you called me?"

"Ah that's right, tomorrow there is a party at a friend of Jason's. Wanna join?"

"Um yeah sure."

"I must warn you that it is a party where many students will be."

"Oh okay" I let out a chuckle. "I'll see if I'm coming"

"Sure, Bye Jayden"

I hung up. Will Stella be there?

Stella

Jayden: "Same here"

I smiled at my phone. He is definitely my favorite notification. I decided not to answer anything and to make food first since it is already 6 pm. And if it depends on Liam then we order pizza but we can't always eat unhealthy food. And since Liam can't cook, I'm usually the one who cooks. I went through the cupboards in the kitchen. I hummed, Lasagna? Or maybe some steak? No lets just go with lasagna.