28

Stella

I still repeat the things he said to me in my head.

"It was all a game for me"

I just want love. I just want someone to get it right the first time. No tears. No begging. No making me lose trust. I just want average old love. The cute dates. The cheesy messages. The inside joke. Even if it's puppy love, I want it.

Just like every girl wants right?

Was it really all a game?

Was I really that blind?

Well maybe I expected too much. Sometimes you expect a lot from someone because you'd do that much for them. I've never done anything wrong, right? Is it me?

Or maybe we were never meant for each other.

My phone starts to vibrate and I grab it right away.

I hope it's him missing me and telling me that he didn't mean it. But it never is.

Danica: Please open the door Stella,

I haven't been out of my room in a few days. I couldn't look at anyone, I need some time to myself and I don't want people to feel sorry for me. But maybe I should just talk to someone so they know I'm okay and that I'm still alive.

I take off my earphones and walk to the door. I unlock the lock and open the door. Danica stands by the door, her eyes widening in shock, not expecting me to open the door.

"Oh Stella come here" She throws her arms around my shoulders and gives me a hug.

"It hurts so much. Why does it hurt this much?" I break into tears.

There was a small silence, "Because, my dear. You loved too much and he simply... Didn't" She pulls a strand of hair from my face.

And the one thing i still don't understand is that he was so gentle when he was inside of me, how could he be so brutal with my heart?
I really don't get it... Did I do something wrong? Or was it really a game for him?

Did he find someone else? Did he cheat on me? I don't know what to think.

I really don't...

Danica POV

She changed, but not overnight like in the books you read. In a week, slowly and painfully. Sometimes brutally but she did. Her room is messy. Her eyes are red and her face alone shows that she has a huge headache.

"One day he loved me and the next he didn't. Strange isn't it? How fast someone's feelings can change and then there's nothing you can do but accept it. You have to sit and accept the fact that you're completely in love with someone who doesn't even give a shit whether you come or go." Tears roll down her cheeks as she wipes them off with the sleeve of her sweater.

The fucked up part of it all is that even though she can hear her own heart breaking she's still willing to love the same one who broke it. I personally don't believe it was a game for him. We all knew he liked her long before he told anyone.

Maybe even before he knew himself. We could see it in his eyes, the way he looked at her. If she was the sun, then he was a child seeing it set for the first time. It was obvious even to us. As young as we were, that sparke in his eyes when he spoke was the kind you wait your whole life for. We may have laughed and teased them, but inside i know we were all hoping someone, someday, might look at us like that too.

"Letting go sounds easy, but as human beings, it's probably one of the hardest things we'll ever have to do. It takes an immense amout of courage to be able to say goodbye to something or someone who meant a lot for you"