Chapter 2

Micth and his new friend Scott headed to Scott's base.

"It's not that far from here." Scott assured.

He had noticed Mitch getting anxious.

"You know I'm not one of THEM....right?" Scott asked.

"Oh honey I KNOW you're not one of them. They're not exactly...ner-" Mitch caught himself before saying the word nerd.

"I mean...they aren't as smart as you." Mitch finished.

"You think I'm smart?" Scott asked.

"Well, yeah, I mean, I've been out here in the middle of all this and I was just able to build that flimsy tree house. You, on the other hand, armed yourself with weapons and different mechanisms. You've managed to stay alive and hide away from the bad guys while I've had multiple encounters with them. You document everything you do and everything that happens. So yeah, I'd say you're smart.

Scott blushed.

Mitch realized that he had embarrassed the poor boy and put his hands over his mouth. "Omg I'm so sorry!" He said through his hands.

Scott smiled, still red.

"When I start talking I don't know when to stop and I just keep going! Which reminds me that there was this one time back before all this where I kept talking and someone was litterally like, Mitch please be quiet im-" He noticed that Scott had started giggling.

Mitch sighed and shook his head.

"I did it again, didn't I?" He asked.

Scott nodded, still giggiling.

A bit later

The two of them came apon a waterfall.

"The water stops at night, and that's when I was expecting to go home so it's closed off at the moment. We'll have to go around." Scott said, heading down a path.

[Oh and btw thieteenquartz made the book cover so a big shout-out to him I LOVE YOU]

Mitch sighed and followed him. He stayed back from Scott a little bit and started having a conversation with himself.

"I really hope Wyatt's ok, he might not realize where I've gone because our house blew up. Yeah but Mitch, he's not the brightest. Yeah but also, Mitch, he's a cat and he can sniff out my scent."

Scott turned around.

"Who's Wyatt?" He asked.

"My son- I mean my cat."

"Oh, where is he?" Scott asked.

"He heard you blow up my house, panicked, and took off." Mitch said,crossing his arms.

Scott gasped.

"Oh my gosh am so sorry! Can I help find him?" Scott asked.

"It's ok! Don't apologize you didn't know. And he's fine on his own, he'll find me eventually." Mitch said.

Scott nodded and stopped at a rock.

"What are we doing?" Mitch asked.

Scott looked around and then pulled up a small rock on the ground. It revealed a pin pad. He typed in a code.

"Or just ignore me that's fine too." Mitch mumbled sassily.

Scott put a finger to his lips and the big rock in front of them moved aside. Mitch gasped, looking at the entrance before him.

He followed Scott inside and the doors closed behind them.