Chapter 7

natalies pov

"So you're really going on a date with him tonight? Peter asked as he was sprawled on my bed.

Rachel was leaning against the door frame. "Yeah is that a good idea?"

I could see both of them perfectly the way I was standing in my mirror. I nodded as I put hoops in. "Yeah why not?" I shrugged. "He's not my boss, and technically he's not a direct coworker."

"Weren't you the one who said on like day two you weren't here for love?" Rachel raised her eyebrows.

I made eye contact with her in the mirror. "Thats because you were talking about hooking up with Kyle." Kyle was the fourth roommate who quite frankly was never around and when he was he acted like we were a hindrance to him. He showed up a week after we all did which was weird.

She grinned. "And?"

I turned and looked at them as I fluffed my curled hair. "He's going to be here soon, so I can't cancel-"

"Says who?" Peter asked, he hasn't looked at me this entire time. Instead his eyes were plastered to the ceiling.

I just rolled my eyes. "How do I look?" I was wearing a very flattering black dress that hit about mid knee, it had spaghetti straps and it hugged me in all the right spots. I kept my eye makeup very natural but I paired it with a red lip. I was wearing strappy heels.

Peter sat up on his elbows and stared at me as I spun slowly. He groaned before flopping back on the bed. "Beautiful as always." He waved his hand.

Rachel giggled at his response. "I think you look killer. Kinda like a spy." She tilted her head.

Peter sat up and started an argument with her about spies and how I looked nothing like that and it went back and forth for a second before I groaned.

"Okay! I do not have the energy for this right now." I grabbed my purse and walked in between them. I made sure to stick my phone, wallet and even the stupid safety knife my mother got me in my purse before heading down stairs.

Just as I reached downstairs Mark was walking through the door. When he spotted me he took a step back. "Wow, look at you."

I just smiled. "Thank you." We walked closer to each other and he took my hand and spun me so he could get a good view.

"I am very lucky." He breathed, he looked down at me. "You ready?"

"Of course."

He took me to fancy Italian restaurant. When we walked in the lighting everywhere was low. It was very intimate, if you ask me. As we were being seated at a table my eyes got caught by a table.

The woman was blonde and long, she was in a deep red dress. She looked like something out of a movie. As my eyes traveled to her partner my entire body heated up. He was wear tighter slack pants with a plain black tee shirt. His hair looked a mess but that's not what got me, it was the way he was looking at me over his glasses.

Out of all the places in New York, Graham just had to be here. I could feel my cheeks heating up as Mark's hand reached for mine; pulling me behind him. I could feel Grahams gaze the entire time.

When we were seated Mark asked if he could taste two different wines. The lady left  before he turned to me. "Tell me Natalie, where have you been this entire time?"

I half laughed, I glanced to my right and made eye contact with him. I tilted my head and smiled at Mark. "Oklahoma unfortunately."

"Really? You don't seem like an Oklahoma girl."

I snorted. "Because I don't dress like a cowboy?"

He shook his head. "Not at all."

We were brought two different wines and Mark tasted both before deciding. The waiter poured some of it in our glasses before asking if we were ready.

"Jeremy, I'll have my usual." Mark said never taking his eyes off me. His usual? He must come here alot. The way he said that made me feel uncomfortable.

I looked at the waiter and smiled. "I can't decide, surprise me." This seemed to lighten him up some as he nodded with a smile on his face. I couldn't decide because Mark didn't give me time to look at the menu. I didn't want to hold up the waiter. Stupid I know.

For the next 30 minutes Mark talked about himself. I crossed my legs and pick up the glass of wine. I 'mhm'ed as my eyes drifted off to Graham. His eyes trailed up my legs, then my body before our eyes locked on each other.

He was leaning back in his chair, his arms were crossed over his chest. He was running his index finger over his bottom lip. I lifted the glass to my lips, he raised his eyebrows before his attention was drawn away.

I almost flinched when Mark grabbed my hand. I looked at him and gave him a half heartening smile. "Do you like the wine?"

I tried to hide my confusion. "Its pretty good." I shrugged.

"Pretty good," he chuckled. "Its from Italy, it's going to be more than pretty good."

"How do you know its from Italy?" I hummed, I was trying my best to flirt with him but it wasn't working.

He's face got kind of serious. "Because it comes from my vineyard in Italy."

Oh! Okay now it make sense.

"Thats neat." Was all I could muster.

For the rest of the evening he was kind of arguing with himself about the wine, even when our food showed up.

When he was done he stood up and dismissed himself for a second. I looked over at Graham, who again was already looking at me. I stood up and placed my napkin on my plate before going and seeking Jeremy. When I found him, I thanked him for his choice before going and standing outside.

I was outside for almost 30 minutes before Mark came out. He went and got the car. I was quite disappointed, tonight was not at all what I planned.