Chapter 11

"I thought you said you didn't care for him?"  Peter huffed as he strangled my pillow. He was laying on my bed as I was straightening my hair.

"I don't."

"But you slept with him."

"I did."

"Was it to get back at Graham? Or did you really want to sleep with him?" I could see his raised eyebrow in the mirror. I froze for a second.

I think initially it was to get back at Graham but as soon as we staring having sex it was more for the enjoyment.

I scoffed. "The latter obviously."

Peter nodded. He looked like he was holding something in. I set my straighter down and turned to him. "What is it?"

"Nothing, just be careful." He pulled up from my bed and threw the pillow down. "Really careful Nat."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

He turned and left before I could ask him anything else. Lately he's been in a mood and I have no idea why either. Not to mention that Rachel has been MIA alot, I need to track her down.

I got up and slipped into my dress for the benefit this evening. It was a beautiful blush rose dress. Something I'd never pick out for myself, let alone wear. However, Grahams stylist picked it out and set it to me yesterday. I didn't even know if it was gonna fit.

After 30 minutes of struggling with the zipper, the dress was finally zipped. Before even looking at the full effect of the outfit, I finished my hair. I slicked back my hair with some gel to make sure every hair stayed in place.

Once I made sure my hair was the way I wanted, I put sticking pearls in the front. I finished off my makeup look with a deep red lip. Once I was done I went and stood in front of the floor length mirror.

I looked like I'd just stepped out of a dream. The dress perfectly senched my waist. The dropped earrings I was wearing sparkled everytime I moved, just like the small sparkles that were across my chest and shoulders from my lotion.

I grabbed my silver clutch, shoving my phone, keys and money in it before heading out. I practically ran into Rachel.

"Oh my gosh!" We squeaked.

"You look beautiful." She gasped taking me in.

"Thank you." I waved her off.

"Where are you going?"

"The benefit I helped plan is tonight." I sighed. "I've been so busy that I even for got to buy a mask." I closed my eyes as realization sunk in.

"Oh I have one!" She squealed as she took off to her room.

I slowly opened my eyes as her approaching stomps came my way. "Here ya go!"

She opened a velvet black box to reveal this beautiful silver mask. It was shapped like wings and it had tons of sparkle to it. I think I might throw up if I add anything more sparkle to my body. However this mask was too beautiful to pass up and I was slowly crunching time. "Rachel you're a life savior. I'm not even gonna ask why you have a mask on hand," I picked it up from the box. "I'm just gonna say thank you and run. I'll make sure to put it back."

She grinned. "You're welcome! Now go have fun!"

I kinda of snorted and tilted my head towards her. I hurried out the door and down the stairs before rushing out into the crisp evening air. There was a guy standing outside of a car right in front of me.

"Miss. Jackson," he tilted his head towards me and opened the door. "Your ride."

I raised my eyebrows as I slowly walked towards him. "My ride? And who arranged this ride?"

"Mr. Fitzgerald, ma'am. He insisted on me driving you."

"Uh huh," I placed my hands on my hips. "And you are?"

"Justin, ma'am. Mr. Fitzgerald personal driver."

I stood there and stared at him until he stood up. "Ma'am were going to be late."

I threw my hands up and sighed. "Alright, alright."

Justin helped me into the car before shutting the door. He got in the front and drove off towards the museum. When I got there they were still setting up.

The staff greeted me as the coordinator, Kaile, walked towards me. "Miss Jackson, I'm so glad you're here."

"As we discussed I'd get here an hour before hand." I smiled at her.

"And you look beautiful," she shook my hand. "Walk through?"

"Of course." I nodded, she turned around and started talking about the entrance we were in. Once I approved the decor, we moved through the museum. There were only a few minor things I needed to change as we walked through but she had nailed it down to a tee.

"Kaile, this is beautiful. Thank you for opening this space to us."

She waved her hand. "Don't mention it, anything to get these wonderful pieces seen."

We smiled at each other before someone walked up and whispered in her ear. She nodded a few times before whispering back. Once she dismissed the person she looked at me with the biggest grin. "Its time to put your mask on, people are arriving."

She was right, I could hear it outside. I slid my mask on as she took my purse to put away. She gave me a thumbs up before disappearing. The two main doors were propped opened and the first guest walked in, I stepped forward and shook their hand before letting them know which room to go too.

I was stressed. It made me skin tight and I was slightly annoyed because Mark was supposed to get here before the guest too so he could greet as well.

This is going to be a disaster.