Chapter 12: Duel (Lillia)

"Where did Mervince and Clam go?" They have been gone for an hour now. We sit by the Shady Grove Fertility Center for a third uknown gender. Out the door, a two-headed bipedal mouse walks out.

"I don't know," says Mya. She's still crying about Anthony's third death.

"They disappeared right when Clamron had a break," says Meg.

"UGH!" Emeelia looks like she's ready to rip out someone heart and drink the blood out of it.

"This is why we NEVER let Mervince along," says Jadda.

"Plus, where's Zach?" I ask. "Did Markus kill him?"

"No, he couldn't have," says Meg.

"Wait, guys, who's that?" Mya points into the dark fog. It is now 6:47 p.m. The sun is starting to set. I look at where Mya is pointing at. A figure walks toward us. He is definitely male. He then disappears. Knowledge.

"Where'd he go?" Mya asks. Suddenly, everything goes black.

I hear a scream, and then we can see again. Mya is gone.

"Zach?" Deshay looks around. "Zach... where are you?"

"Nowhere, yet everywhere," says an echoing voice. It seems to come from nowhere, yet everywhere. Wow, he is right.

"Zach, stop playing games." I say.

"Vote for a person."

"Uh, Lillia!" Emeelia says.

"WHY ME?!?" I ask.

"Well, you are the smartest," says Meg.

"Is your vote final?" Zach asks.

"I guess so," I say. My vision goes black again. When I open my eyes, I am in the middle of an arena. Zach is on the other side. My friends are on the seats around the arena. In Zach's hand, a seven-foot long ruler appears.

"Welcome to the Knowledge Games!" says the announcer. "Today, our champ, Knowledge, will be battling our challenger, Lillia. Rules are: you may use knowledge; winner gets to live; loser gets to live in shame."

"Zach, what is going on?" I ask.

"Markus is giving me extra-credit for eliminating all you impurities." Zach says.

"What?!? Zach, but, you already passed college!"

"I SEEK MORE!"

"The Games have begun!" announces the announcer.

"Hope this works," I tell myself. "ILLITERATER!" I release blasts of power out of my hands.

"KNOWLEDGE WALL!" counters Zach. A wall of blue light blocks my attack. "HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE!" Zach dissipates, and a numbing pain hits my back.

"BRAIN RAIN!" I shout. Brains out of the sky fall, and they topple all over Zach, who is now visible.

"Opponent is skillful in combat," reports Zach. "KNOWLEDGE LEECH!"

Out of the ground, a ten-foot tall leech bursts out. "WHAT THE HELL?!?" I yell. "ATOMIC SWORD!" In my hands, a sword made out of unstable atoms forms. The leech lunges for me, and I strike it with my sword. The leech explodes, and so does my sword.

"You're better than I expected," says Zach. "BLINDING KNOWLEDGE!" A flash of super-bright light flashes. My eyes start to hurt, and my head is clogged with so many facts that my head aches.

Zach uses this time to drain my head of knowledge. "No, stop. Please." I say.

"Don't worry. Soon, everything will be all right. You can go back to your little heaven. Just remember to tell Dad that I'm responsible."