Chapter 46: Scurry (Douby)

I scurry across the ground, licking up grasshopper blood with Jadda. Every now and then I would crawl under some grasshoppers, climb onto their backs, pull out their antennas, and stick them into their eyes.

Well, one time, that didn't work. Jadda almost got caught and had to hide in the grasshopper's excretory system. Apparently that turned me on, but Jadda insisted that that shouldn't have turned me on.

I can see Anthony get blasted away, which gave one of the four air crafts--carrying twenty people on each one, able to drop explosives--enough time to close in on her. But she seems to take no damage...

To be honest, why is Shreiberious even fighting us right now? She can just go along and destroy the world. What are we doing to them...

Unless she wants something from us. I can see Aircraft 3--the one carrying Mervince--seems to be Shreib's main target. As I glance at it again while scurrying, one of the aircrafts engines breaks into a fire. Shriebs is throwing smaller grasshoppers into the engines, which is enough to break them.

I guess this is a win-win? Oh well.

I focus back on the grasshoppers, but one shady manages to surprise me and crawl into my mouth. It forces my mouth open with four of its appendages, and bite down onto my tongue. I try to scream but-- I CAN'T!

AGH!

It Is CRawLInG inTO My esophagus and rips a hole into my lungs. It finally pierces its teeth into my stomach lining and flies out of my mid-abdomen. Worst of all, it made sure to keep me alive by forcing my nervous system to stay active. I close my eyes as I wait for the egg she has laid to end this misery...

Goodbye.