09

Shikamaru and Naruto had been spending a lot of time together, considering that Naruto no longer had a job because he was with Shikamaru all the time. So Shikamaru asked him if he wanted to move in with him? Not at the base mind you, an actually house that the mafia man bought.

Naruto was on the fence about it, he would be leaving Gaara. Though it would seem that Neji had the same idea, though it was too coincidental that both men asked within the span of two days.

Gaara though said yes, he and Neji's relationship seemed to be strong, strong enough that Gaara showed emotion to everybody and not just Neji. Neji was really good for Gaara and that made Naruto happy.

So here Naruto was pacing the house, bored because apparently Naruto couldn't go with Shikamaru today, but Gaara and Neji headed somewhere.

It was lame and boring, and so when he got a phone called he immediately answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, can you hear me?"

Naruto blinked, there was a child on the phone and he sounded scared.

"Are you okay darling? What's the matter?" Naruto asked, hearing the boy shake and try to stay quiet.

"Some nice lady gave me this number, she said to call if I needed to be rescued." Naruto was in high alert and headed to get a pencil and paper.

"Do you need to be rescued? What's the matter honey?" Naruto was soft on the phone, he didn't want to scare the child away. The child almost sounded like a child like Shikamaru.

"My mom, she beats me. I'm not safe here and I want to leave! I want to meet my dad." Naruto heart was hammering out if his chest.

"Okay honey, I'll see if I can get you out of there. What's your name sweetie?" The boy calmed his breathing, there were loud footsteps that even Naruto could hear.

"WHERE IS THAT BRAT! SHIKAMARU IS TRACKING OUR LOCATION, HOW HE MANAGED TO GET IT I HAVE NO IDEA! BUT WE NEED TO MOVE AND THAT BRAT NEEDS TO COME WITH US!"

"With all due respect, that child would be better off being here and we make out leave. He's nothing but a reminder of that failed relationship, and it'll stress you and your husband out if you lose your true heir."

The blonde woman calmed significantly, she nodded her head and spoke.

"We are leaving them, make sure Leon is there shortly. Have Hani trace the location of the snake. Shikamaru always wanted a child anyways. That damned bastard."

Naruto listened as they all left the home, it was quiet and Naruto thought he should praise the little boy.

"You are strong and brave for being able to be still and quiet during that. By the sound of that conversation it sounds like help is coming and soon." Naruto said to the child.

"Will I see you? Will they bring me back to you?" Naruto looked at his attire and decided it was enough.

"I will definitely meet you honey, my name is Naruto. What is yours?" Naruto asked softly but the door opened.

"Find the damn sand witch, and the boy. Kill the witch but that boy is to come to me safely!" Naruto heard Shikamaru's voice and Naruto smiled.

"There he is, go to him. I'll be waiting for you, make sure your remember my voice okay? What's your name darling?

The little boy gulped as the door opened.

"Hey there, who are you on the phone with?" The boy looked at the male and spoke calmly.

"My new mom. Can you take me to them?" Naruto almost chuckled into the phone, but he listened calmly.

"What's her name? Maybe I know her?" Shikamaru asked, looking over the bruises.

"Naruto." The little boy answered, and Shikamaru hummed.

"Really now? Well why don't you come with your dad and we can go meet your mom." Naruto gasped and yelled.

"SHIKAMARU ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU HID A CHILD FROM ME!"

"See you in about four hours honey!" The line clicked and Naruto scoffed, slamming his phone he headed to the driver.

"TAKE ME TO THE BASE OR ILL KILL YOU!" Naruto said and the male nodded, ushering Naruto in the back while he drove to the base.

However Shikadai and Shikamaru had a staring contest.

"Do you not believe I'm your father? We do look alike." Shikamaru nearly chuckled, the little boys face looked over his features as if he was coming up with a solution to a problem.

It reminded him way too much of himself.

"You want me? Just like that?" Shikamaru tilted his head at the question, Shikadai looked like him besides his eyes. His eyes were green but tinted with Raven. The same spiky hair and the same analytical stare as Naruto surprisingly.

"Yes, would you like to give me a shot? I'm your only ticket to Naruto." Shikadai blinked.

"If you don't take me to Naruto I'm going to run away." Shikamaru did chuckle in front of the child, Shikadai frowned but when Shikamaru opened his arms the child did come running into them.

Shikamaru stood up child in hand and wanted to laugh at the situation. He wasn't sure what Naruto was saying to him on the phone, but he's glad he had Karui give the child Naruto's number instead of his.

"Let's get you home, washed up and into your new mothers arms." Shikamaru said but it fell on deaf ears because the four year old was sleeping. Snuggled into his chest he let out a sigh of relief.

He was heading back before his men but he had known. While he was heading back to the leaf, Neji and Gaara had just made it to Suna. Heading to Gaara's old home to see if they could talk sense into the leader.

Gaara could see how the city was, it was bad. He could tell that it was definitely his father and siblings doing. They ultimate goal is to disband the Mafia or have them work together.

Six months after his first date with Neji, here Gaara was, fixed enough to go and help his boyfriend officially with work. Work that was detrimental if not done right. So Gaara was prepared for a shootout. He was prepared for words not wanting to be uttered, and he was prepared for either him or Neji getting hurt however.

"You sure you want to do this with me? This is your old family Gaara?"

Gaara knew that this wasn't going to get fixed if he wasn't here, looking to Neji he gave him a smile and a quick peck on the cheek and spoke softly.

"I'm sure, let's go handle business." In which Neji nodded and followed the GPS they placed on Temari's right hand woman.

*