Chapter 8: Meeting The Marj

Jason's mum in the pic

3rd June 2011, 10:47am

I wake up to the smell of a full english breakfast, mmm. I roll over and Jason is lying beside me, fast asleep. Wait so then who's cooking? I doubt it's Jerome. I turn my attention back to a sleeping Jason. Lord why is he so beautiful? I stare at him for a few moments, admiring the living proof that perfection is real.

If you see me and I ain't with my crew,

Believe I'm on my P's and Q's,

Even on my own 2s,

That's the difference between-

I grab my phone and answer it. "Hello?"

"Mani so you decided you wanted to stay at your boyfriend's house and you didn't think of telling me?"

"Trish I told you I fell asleep, and dad let me stay." I whispered, looking back at Jason. He was still fast asleep.

"He did? Really? Wait was he drunk?"

I chuckle quietly. "No, he wasn't. Marcus said he liked him so he allowed me to stay."

"Ohh okay. Why are you whispering?"

"Because Jay's still asleep and I don't wanna wake him up."

"WAIT HOL' UP, HOL' UP, HOL' UP! Are you tryna say you slept in the same room as him? In the same bed? Together?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my days what did you get up to? I'm telling your mum you know."

"What-no girl we didn't do anything we just slept in the same bed."

"...Oh."

"Yeah so umm I'll talk to you later when I leave here there's a lot that went down on that date."

She gasps. "There was? Ooh Mani you can't leave me like that the suspense is killing me already."

"I'll tell you when I get back."

"Did you and Becky fight?" She asks eagerly. I can imagine her eyes twinkling in anticipation.

"I'll tell you later."

She exaggerates a sigh. "Fine. But for real if you did I salute you girl."

I laugh. "All will be revealed later."

She groans. "Okay okay. Speak to you later."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye bitch." She says in an American accent and I laugh before cutting off.

I look back at Jay who's grinning at me. "Oh, morning."

"Morning." Oh dear me his voice is so deep. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Good." He stands up and stretches and I can't help but stare at his back again.

He goes into the bathroom and I put on the basketball shorts he gave me yesterday. I go into my bag and retrieve my travel toothbrush and paste. After a few minutes Jason comes back and I go in. I use the toilet and brush my teeth before coming back into his bedroom. My stomach rumbles and I inhale the breakfast aroma. It rumbles again and I avoid looking at Jay.

"You wanna get something to eat?"

"Yes." I stand up eagerly and he laughs.

"Come on." He holds my hand and opens his bedroom door for me. We make our way downstairs and I follow him into the kitchen. I can hear voices and Jerome laughing. I stop abruptly when he runs into me, knocking me over.