Chapter 21: Trouble and Alcohol

Hey guys! Before you read I just want to say sorry for not updating in months. To make up I've tried to make this chapter supeeer long (literally its 8283 words without this authors note). I hope you enjoy, sorry for the wait! Vote and comment please, I wanna know what you think!

I sit in the stall with my knees up to my chest.

"Open the door Imani." Dr Morgan says softly and I stare at the lock for a few moments before unlocking it. She swings the door open and steps into the stall, enveloping me in the warmest hug I've ever received. "It's not your fault." She whispers as I weep into her blazer. "Shh, its okay, it's not your fault."

***
After spending a few hours talking to Dr. Morgan and even taking a nap in her office, I decide to go home. As I walk back towards student accommodation I think about how kind she was to me. She has never shown that much compassion to me before and I had been seeing her for weeks now. Maybe she went through a similar hardship or maybe she just felt sorry for me but whatever it was, I hadn't seen that side of her before. She had cancelled all of her appointments for the day just to help me. Even though I thought that she was quite nonchalant, today she was so soft with me. Instead of sitting across from me behind her desk she sat beside me on the sofa. She hugged me and even let me lay my head on her lap as I talked to her about how I felt. I must have struck a chord with her cos I would never in a million years think that she would even treat me as anything but one of her boring old clients. Today she treated me as if she really felt for me, cared for me, almost like I was family. Like a daughter.

"Imani where have you been?" Amaka pulls me into a hug.

"Nowhere." I murmur, unlocking my door.

"Nowhere doesn't take 5 hours and 37 minutes. What's wrong are you okay?" She surveys me closer and inspects my face.

"Amaka I'm fine." I grumble, batting her hand away.

"Your eyes are kinda puffy and red...were you crying or something? What's wrong?"

"I said I'm fine, Amaka. Can you stop asking?" I reply in annoyance. She's so intrusive sometimes can she not see that I don't wanna talk?

"Alright, sheesh." She backs off and goes into her room, slamming her door shut. I roll my eyes and kiss my teeth lightly before finally unlocking my door. I walk in and kick my shoes off, dropping my bag on the floor and sighing as I plop into bed. Today has been so draining, I'm bloody exhausted. My eyes flick to my phone and I check the time. 16:42. It's not even 5 yet but I think I'll call it quits.

***
I'm sitting in the car with Darius as he confesses his feelings to me and all I can do is stare at him. He's such a good guy. I've known him since primary school, he's in the year above me but we're still the closest of friends. He's so funny, he has one of those personalities that you can't get mad at, if anyone needs cheering up he's the one to call. Darius says he wants to model, I think he'd be sick at it. He's tall, light skinned with freckles and the cutest button nose. He looks just like his mum.

"There I said it, I love you." He grins at me and I grin back.

"Aw, Darius I love you too but-" before I can explain myself he kisses me. His mouth tastes like petrol what the hell. I open my eyes and push him away and his skin is no longer light brown. He's black, burnt to a crisp. His skin is peeling and falling off his body, revealing his flesh. I feel sick.

"Look what you did to me."

"What? No I didn't-"

"LOOK what you did to me! This is all your fault!" He yells and my eyes well up with tears.

"I didn't mean for this to happen I'm so sorry D-"

"Sorry doesn't change nothing! I need you to feel what I felt." He looks into my eyes and grabs my arm, squeezing it tight. Fire surrounds us and I try to pull free but he has an iron grip. "Burn." He whispers as I become engulfed in flames.