Chapter 17: New Settings

24th September 2012, 10:43am
I'm going to uni for the first time today. 😀😀😀 It's a uni outside London, in Bradford. I went to my parent's house yesterday to hang with Michael and Lexi before saying bye to them. It was actually so emotional, I'm gonna miss my little brother and sister so much man. I didn't really say bye to my parents, I hardly spoke to them to be honest and Marcus...he can suck my big toe.

"We're here." Ash parks up and gets out. I get out with him, along with Lashae who helps me with some bags in the backseat. I make my way into the student flat and walk up to the door, punching in the code I was given.

"Oh isn't this nice?" Lashae grins as she looks around the apartment. I go into the room I've been assigned to and throw my stuff down onto the carpet as she observes the space.

"Hi." A guy in the kitchen smiles warmly at me when I go to put my stuff in. He's quite tall, with pale skin and wavy ginger hair. His eyes are green and his cheeks have a slight blush.

"Hey." I smile back.

"I'm Gary." He offers his hand and I shake it.

"Nice to meet you I'm Imani." I release my hand and open one of the cupboards to put my cereal in.

"Oh, you might wanna keep your things in your room."

"Why?"

"If you leave your stuff in here there's a high chance they'll get stolen. There's this guy upstairs who's an absolute twat, I was here yesterday and I found half my shit gone this morning. I asked people if they knew who took it and he obviously said no, but behind him I could see my stuff next to his bed."

I raise my eyebrows. "Well why didn't you get them back? What's his name let's go get them for you."

"No it's fine don't worry."

"Gary come on that's not fair on you."

"I'm okay with it." He shrugs and looks at the floor.

"I don't believe you but alright whatever you say." I continue putting things in the cupboard much to his dismay. "If that prick touches my stuff I'm going after him." I say, walking back into my room.

"Yeah right." He laughs.

"Making friends already?" Ash comes up the stairs with more things and follows me into my room. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah it's nice." I smile and help him. He sits at my desk and Lashae sits on his lap. "Thank you for everything guys."

"Aw that's okay sweetheart." Lashae grins.

"Yeah if you need anything call us okay? Try and talk to your parents once in a while alright? I know you're not exactly on good terms with them but please don't shut them out." My uncle tells me and I nod. "Can't believe you're in uni already." He blinks and Lashae pouts.

"Are you about to cry?" She searches his face and he smiles, kissing his teeth and looking away.

"Oh uncle don't." I swallow. "Please don't cry."

"Even though you've only lived with us for a little while, home won't be the same without you you know. You're a part of our family now, you're like a daughter to me, I love you like my own. I can't believe the times gone so quick." He huffs and taps his wife's thigh, indicating for her to stand up. "We're gonna miss you Mani." He pulls me in for a hug and I hug back.

"I'll miss you too." I mumble. He keeps me in his embrace for a few more seconds before pulling away.

"Stay in touch yeah?" He kisses the top of my head.