𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3 - 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑁𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑃𝑜𝑙𝑒

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

Gabriel arrived at the airport with Emilie and Adrien, Nathalie was already there waiting for him.

"Hello Gabe, did you bring your family as well?" Nathalie scanned the other two people.

Gabriel frowned.

"No I didn't, they just came to say goodbye to me"

"Oh I got it"

Emilie approached Nathalie.

"So, may I trust you to keep my beloved husband safe?"

Nathalie looked at her.

"Yeah, I'm quite good at my job"

Emilie looked very serious.

She must have loved her husband very much.

"Listen to me, the last thing I want is something bad to happen to my beloved Gabriel, I hope you understand miss Sancoeur"

Her tone was quite menacing now.

Nathalie understood she had to be more careful with her words.

"Don't worry for your husband safety, I said I know how to do my job, I went there many times and I know all the risks"

Emilie glared at her but she didn't say anything else, she turned around to kiss Gabriel on the cheek.

Nathalie squeezed her eyes and turned around, walking towards the plane.

That kiss felt so wrong for some reason.

She couldn't tell why though.

"Be careful my dear" Emilie said to her husband.

"Don't worry too much about me Emilie"

He didn't really have a good feeling about that whole situation to be honest.

A journey to the North Pole.

Him to the North Pole?

He must have been dreaming.

He was brought back to reality by Adrien hugging him tightly.

"Bye dad, enjoy yourself there"

The man stared at him unsure on what to say.

"I will" he simply said caressing his son's hair.

After all was settled, everyone was ready to go.

Gabriel sat down in his spot by the window looking at his family again, they were smiling and waiving at him.

The man kept greeting them until the plane left.

His memories about his family were unclear.

He felt like he hadn't seen them for a long time but that was impossible, he had talked to them just a few minutes ago.

Nathalie sat next to him.

"So, are you excited? Because I definitely am"

Gabriel took a quick look at the woman and then returned watching the clouds.

"Yeah, I guess I am"

"You aren't very talkative"

Gabriel looked at her again.

"No, I'm not, I don't really like talking"

Gabriel didn't look interested in talking to her.

"Do you miss your family?"

"Yeah, I wish they were able to come with me"

Nathalie smiled.

"You are lucky, I don't have a family nor friends to greet me when I come back home"

"I'm sorry" Gabriel said trying to sound supportive but he due to his social awkwardness it was kinda ineffective.

"It's ok, I like my job, I'm more of an animal person"

"Oh, ok" Gabriel said.

"I suggest you to take a nap, those sits are just too comfortable"

Nathalie said adjusting herself on her sit and closing her eyes.

Gabriel stared down at her, he the adjusted himself on his sit and closed his eyes as well.

Was he asleep?

He couldn't say it for sure but his dream was so real.

It looked more like a memory.

"Don't do that, we don't know how this is going to turn out"

A girl with a ladybug costume was shouting at him.

"Dad please" Adrien said with tears in his eyes.

He looked kinda funny with that black cat costume on.

What was that? An Halloween party?

"Gabriel please..."

Nathalie was standing next to him, there were tears in her eyes as well.

What was she doing here?

Gabriel was about to have a meltdown.

"Who are you?" he yelled.

He opened his eyes to see he was on the plane.

He sighed.

What a weird nightmare.

He decided to take a walk and got up.

As he passed near one of the windows he saw Nathalie looking at the breathtaking view out of the plane.

Her face looked sad, completely drained out of the energy she had when he met her for the first time.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

Nathalie didn't even look at him, her eyes were fixed on the clouds.

"Beautiful isn't it? I see such view almost every day but every time it's like it's always new"

"I see" the man commented approaching her.

That woman.

He had dreamt of her just a few seconds before and now she was sad, just like she was in his nightmare.

"Is everything all right? Is there anything bothering you?" Gabriel said again.

"It's just that I am sad, it's almost like there's someone I'm missing"

"Is it your family?"

"I think so but for some reason I just can't picture their faces very well, it's all so strange"

Gabriel sighed, he felt just the same, he was missing someone but he felt better now that Nathalie was next to him.

That was strange.

He didn't even know her.

How could have been even possible?

"Well, it's better for me to take a nap now, I'm so tired" Nathalie yawned.

Gabriel wanted to stay with her a little more, he wanted to talk to her.

"Yes, those sits are indeed comfortable" he just said.

What am I saying?

"See? I told you" Nathalie winked.

They smiled at each other and returned to their sits.

Gabriel felt oddly comfortable with her and it was the same for Nathalie with him.

Gabriel couldn't explain that to himself nor could Nathalie but there would have been time for talking about that, they were tired.

They both were asleep just as soon as they sat on their sits, head on head as the plane was nearer and nearer to their destination.

They still didn't know it but they were more important for eachother than they thought.