𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 11 - 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔

For the next day Nathalie couldn't think of anything or anyone else than Gabriel, he hadn't woken up yet and she was really worried.

At the same time she had to face all the consequences of living the life of a famous adventurer.

Everyone in the streets asked for her autograph.

Everyone and everywhere.

She wasn't even able to drink a coffe outside she was soon surrounded by a crowd of people.

And not to talk about the snakes and every other reptiles she had in her house, how was she even supposed to take care of all those animals?

She received calls for recording documentaries about any sort of animals like cats, ladybugs, peacocks and butterflies.

So Ironic.

She didn't know anything about animals, maybe just the butterflies since Gabriel literally had them in the basement but that wasn't enough.

She was so uncomfortable during interviews.

"Ok miss Sancoeur tell us about this lovely lion cub you have here in your arms"

"Uh..."

She looked at the cub in her arms wishing it could start talking and just telling its stories to everyone itself.

In the end of the day she was exhausted.

She wasn't used to all that attention and to be honest, she didn't like it.

"I don't know how Gabriel is able to go on everyday when he's so famous" she said lying on her bed.

Socials were going crazy.

Everyone talked about the great Nathalie Sancoeur, how she was strange now.

Just shut up everyone.

Nathalie turned her phone off and closed her eyes.

She didn't care about what people thought about the adventurer Nathalie Sancoeur, she wasn't her anyway.

She was Nathalie Sancoeur, Gabriel Agreste's assistant, nothing else.

That reminded her that she had to go checking on him again.

About her job, well, she would have just said she wasn't feeling well, maybe that would have stopped people from making up theories about her.

She turned the light off and fell asleep quickly as she wished for those tiring days to end soon.

The next day she was back at Gabriel's bedside, she wished she was still living there instead of her apartment full of reptiles.

She had to be thankful her adventurous counterpart didn't have a passion for felines or she would have found a house full of lions and tigers.

Nathalie sighed as she held Gabriel's hand again.

She was happy to be with him again, she wouldn't have left his side until he was awake.

"Come on Gabriel, wake up, we are waiting for you"

The woman caressed the man's hand.

"It's not the same without you, I miss you so much, there are a lot of things I want to tell you"

Nathalie looked away from him.

I can't say anything, he has Emilie, he has to be with her.

"Nevermind, maybe I don't need to tell you anything" she said.

She smiled.

"I just want you to be ok, the rest can wait"

Gabriel has always been her secret crush, since the day she had met him.

Obviously she had never said anything about it because he was a married man and when Emilie died she kept keeping it secret.

Then Hawkmoth and Mayura were in the picture, she couldn't bare to see him like that, he suffered, he thought the only right thing to do was to bring Emilie back by using the miraculous and she wanted to support him.

Time passed and she kept loving him but she also started thinking what they were doing was wrong, he needed to be happy again just not with his wife, him and Adrien needed to be a family again.

Adrien needed him.

Their plans always failed, she did her best to make him happy, maybe she thought he would have noticed her love for him if she did so she kept helping him.

Yeah, that was stupid after all.

The door opening behind her made Nathalie jump.

"Oh I'm sorry miss Nathalie, I thought no one was here"

Adrien was standing by the door and was smiling.

His smile was sad though.

"Oh hello, you must be Adrien right?"

Nathalie was fighting the urge to run and hug the boy.

"Yes I am, nice to meet you"

The boy came closer and sat on the bed next to his father.

"How is he?"

"I don't know, he's still sleeping" Nathalie said.

Adrien's eyes were full of tears.

"I don't want him to die" he sobbed.

"He won't"

"How do you know?"

"I know, I feel like he is going to be fine"

Nathalie wasn't lying, there was something telling her all would have been fine.

Adrien smiled.

"Ok, I trust you Nathalie, you know everything, you are a real legend"

"Oh well, let's not go that far"

"No really, everyone loves you"

Nathalie was happy to hear that, even though it wasn't really her.

Adrien looked at his watch.

"I have to go to my fencing lesson" he jumped off the bed.

He gave another sad look at his father and he gently pressed a kiss on his cheek.

Adrien wiped the tears away from his face and went out.

Nathalie was amazed by that view.

Gabriel and Adrien would have been the perfect family if the man would have tried.