𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9 - 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

Nathalie called for help just after Gabriel collapsed into her arms.

Everything was clear now.

flashback coming

Hawkmoth finally made it.

He looked at the jewelry in his palm, Ladybug's and Chat Noir's miraculous were now his.

"Nathalie we made it"

"Yes sir"

"Now my wish will come true"

The man kept looking at his treasure.

Was it a dream?

No, he was wide awake.

He looked at the peaceful body of his wife, it was almost done.

Nathalie looked at the man she loved as he smiled at his wife, he looked happy after a long time.

Should she have been happy for him?

She really should but she couldn't.

She didn't want to be mean but in all honesty she wished he had stopped before taking the two miraculous.

She didn't want Emilie to come back, she was dead, Gabriel should have moved on for his sake and for Adrien's sake.

She loved him, very much but she also knew it was one sided since Gabriel seemed to have eyes for his wife and his wife only.

And that was ok.

It was late anyway.

"Thank you for your support Nathalie, this wouldn't have worked without your help" Gabriel had said smiling.

She loved his smile.

"It's nothing sir, I told you I would have always stayed by your side and I will"

Nathalie was planning to go away from that mansion as soon as Emilie would have been back, it would have been better for her and Gabriel too.

Who knows if Gabriel was aware of that.

Nathalie couldn't recall exactly what happened after Gabriel used the miraculous to express his wish but it looked like reality had changed a lot.

Now she had another life while the man had back his.

At least whoever made this new reality did it right.

Nathalie was happy they had at least given her another place to stay and work instead of the mansion.

It would have been difficult but she had to keep living that life even if Gabriel didn't agree.

"It's going to be ok" she murmured caressing the unconscious man's hair.

"You don't have to worry about me, I will be ok"

Then it hit her.

I love you.

Gabriel said she loved her.

Could have been that he regretted his decision because he had fallen in love with her?

No, that's impossible.

She looked at Gabriel lying on a bed which was quickly arranged by her to keep him warm using some blankets she had in her backpack.

"Do you really love me Gabe?" Nathalie murmured.

He hadn't even gotten mad at her for calling him Gabe, he must have been so desperate and she wasn't even able to understand what was going on until he got hurt.

Nathalie started crying.

"I'm sorry Gabriel, I should have figured it out"

A few minutes later they were found by a research team and they were back at the base.

That place felt like it was as cold as the outside, she was feeling empty.

Nathalie looked at Gabriel who was now lying on a proper bed in the base's infirmary.

She placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and stared at him, she had to arrange a flight to bring him back to Paris.

The doctor in the base had taken care of him but he needed more, he hit his head and it could have been serious.

He needed proper care.

She reluctantly left his side to do what she had planned.

After a while an emergency flight was arranged, it was prepared in a hurry and in a few hours was ready to leave.

Nathalie decided to stay there for other two days, she said she had to film something but in reality she was just too ashamed to follow Gabriel back to Paris.

He got hurt because she wasn't strong enough to remember, she had also promised to Emilie he would have been safe with her.

After the plane left Nathalie went into her room and threw herself into the bed, she was tired and depressed, she couldn't do anything else than cry.