𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7 - 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚𝑠

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

The day passed slowly and when night came Nathalie was still angry.

Gabriel wasn't sure if he understood why she was angry since she didn't remember anything of what he did.

The next morning wasn't better and Gabriel was more and more frustrated.

"Nathalie please talk to me"

"I don't really want to talk"

She didn't even know why she was angry.

She didn't think Gabriel's words were the truth, it was absurd so her being angry at him sounded absurd as well.

The man on the other hand was staring to believe he shouldn't have let Nathalie know.

It was what he had always wanted after all.

His family was back.

As the man walked through the corridors of the base he was deep into thinking.

He should have just let her be and go on with his new life with Emilie and Adrien.

"Gabriel wait" Nathalie was running towards him.

"What is it?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been mad at you, I don't even believe your story so I realized I didn't have any reason to be angry..."

Gabriel's eyes saddened.

"Yes, about that, I made it up"

"What?"

"I invented it, it isn't true, I just wanted to sound more interesting"

He faked a smile.

"What? Why did you lie to me?"

"I told you, I wanted to be interesting, you are the genius here and I wanted to look cool to your eyes" 

Nathalie was upset.

"You don't have to do the things I do to be interesting and worth knowing you know..."

Gabriel shrugged.

"Or invent stories..."

"I do what I can"

Nathalie was angry.

"What is with your attitude all of a sudden?"

"I just want to go home"

"Well, go then" Nathalie said.

"Yes"

Gabriel walked away from her and Nathalie walked in the opposite direction, if he didn't want to stay there she wouldn't have forced him.

Gabriel stopped and looked back at Nathalie.

"I don't think I can do anything to fix this Nathalie... just live your life..."

A tear fell down his cheeks.

He was ready to leave that place, ready to leave her behind, he learnt what he wanted to learn, he remembered about his wish or should he have said his mistake?

He learnt that the next flight home was supposed to leave the next day.

Good.

He went back to the bedroom to pack his things up, Nathalie was there and frowned at him.

Gabriel tried to ignore her.

"So you are going to leave for real"

"Yes"

"Ok"

She kept watching him.

"Can you please stop staring at me?" Gabriel snapped.

"Oh sorry, I didn't think I could hurt you so much just staying here in what it is my room as well"

"You are annoying"

"And you are strange"

Gabriel threw his last things in his suitcase and then stormed out of the room.

The woman groaned.

"Wait" she called following him.

Gabriel kept walking without looking back.

"Gabriel wait! I don't really understand this change of attitude, did I do something to upset you?" 

Gabriel sighed.

She didn't, she was the most amazing woman he had ever known.

Gabriel stopped.

"It's not you... it's just that..."

Nathalie looked at him.

"What?"

"I miss my family... that's all, I realized this place isn't for me"

Nathalie looked down.

"Oh all right then..."