𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 17 - 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡

Nathalie woke up the next morning in her bedroom.

Yes, her bedroom.

Her bedroom in the mansion.

Not her previous bedroom full of reptiles.

She sighed in relief.

She got up and went downstairs to have breakfast.

Nathalie was surprised to see Gabriel up and eating his breakfast in the dining room.

"Is it ok for you to be up now?" she asked.

Gabriel shrugged.

"I was bored..."

Nathalie frowned at him.

"Don't worry about me, the doctor said it was fine for me to get up today" he casually said biting his croissant.

"Oh, ok" she said walking towards him with her plate of food and sitting next to him.  

"What are your plans for today?" Nathalie asked.

"I can't go back to work at the moment so..."

He looked uncertain, he didn't know what to do.

"Would you like to go out to... I don't know... have an ice cream or something?" she asked sheepishly.

Gabriel frowned at her and she hoped it didn't sound weird.

"I don't know..." he said.

"It's ok if you don't want to..." Nathalie reassured him.

Gabriel didn't really like going out and interact with people but he would have gone crazy if he stayed another day without doing anything.

Nathalie was with him so he knew he didn't have anything to worry about.

"All right" he said.

Nathalie was surprised by his sudden change of mind.

"Really?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind..."

She obviously didn't mind, she was the one asking.

"Ok then, let's have lunch at the restaurant today, what do you think?" Nathalie asked.

"Yes, why not?" Gabriel smiled.

Nathalie was glad she managed to get some time to spend with him, it was almost done, Gabriel just had to remember.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Nathalie was watching the TV zapping from channel to channel making sure there wasn't any trace of her previous life as an adventurer and much for her happiness there wasn't any, everything was really starting to feel normal again.

The woman sighed in relief, turned the TV off and looked at her watch, it was almost lunch time so she got up and went waiting for Gabriel at the front door.

She watched him walking downstairs and smiled.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

Gabriel nodded and they walked outside arm in arm.

"I booked a great place for us to have lunch, it's not too big and with not too much noise, you will like it" Nathalie said.

Gabriel nodded again without saying anything but Nathalie noticed he looked quite happy.

"I hope you didn't work today as the doctor told you..." Nathalie frowned at him.

Gabriel grunted.

"I didn't..." he protested.

"Good boy!" Nathalie smiled patting his arm.

They arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later.

"Isn't it lovely?" Nathalie asked sitting down.

Gabriel looked at the place they were sitting in a nice little terrace, just the two of them.

The man smiled enjoying the silence.

"It's nice" the man said sitting down in front of Nathalie.

The woman wondered how she could have been able to make him remember his past.

Nathalie was sure it was the key of fixing that timeline.

"So... what will you order?" Nathalie asked giving a quick look at the menu.

Gabriel took his.

"I don't know... I think I will go for pizza"

"Good choice! I'll take one too, you know I heard they make a really good one!"

There was an unpleasant silence for about five minutes and just as Nathalie gathered her courage to speak the waiter came to take their orders.

After that Nathalie already wanted to go home.

All her confidence was gone.

"Nathalie are you ok?" the man asked.

"Yes..."

"You look stressed, are you sure you want to eat here today?"

Nathalie smiled.

"Yes, don't worry"

Their pizza arrived and they started eating.

Nathalie was upset.

She was wasting that occasion.

She looked at Gabriel who was enjoying his meal.

The man was smiling.

"This pizza is really delicious, as always you are really good at choosing places Nathalie"

"Oh really? I'm glad"

Nathalie smiled taking a bite of her meal.

It was indeed good.

"It's good!" Nathalie said.

"See?" Gabriel chuckled.

He looked happy.

Nathalie giggled with him.

"I told you this place was good! You never believe me!"

"I always believe you!"

Nathalie giggled and Gabriel followed her.

They both ended up laughing.

"Yes you are! You are always grumpy!" Nathalie said while laughing.

Gabriel chuckled.

"You don't know me well then!"

Nathalie stopped laughing and stared at him with a big smile on her face.

She knew him very well.

Gabriel looked at her, he was smiling too.

The woman got up and walked towards him and enwrapped the man into a big hug hiding her face into his hair.

"What are you doing Nathalie?" Gabriel asked a bit embarrassed but still smiling.

"I really care about you!" Nathalie said.

"Really?"

"Yeah"

Nathalie smiled into his hair.

She couldn't express how much she was happy to be there with him that day.

He was ok.

He was happy.

He still didn't have his memories back but Nathalie was sure everything would have turned out ok.