𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 15 - 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚

That morning Nathalie felt like there was something strange in the air.

She didn't know what it was but she had a strange feeling, she couldn't tell if it was bad or good, just unusual.

She left her house heading to the Agreste mansion like she used to do two times a week.

When she arrived she entered the property.

Emilie was at the door staring down at her with a strange look on her face.

"Hello Emilie" she greeted.

Emilie didn't say anything.

Nathalie started to panic.

Oh no, maybe she knows about our movie night!

The fact that I hugged Gabriel!

Adrien said that to her!

She's angry!

"Come in" she said in a serious tone.

Nathalie followed her inside and in the living room hoping she wouldn't have kicked her out immediately after yelling at her.

They sat down on the couch.

Nathalie looked at her and with her surprise she saw she was smiling.

She was indeed smiling but her eyes were sad.

"Listen to me Nathalie"

"Yes"

"I know everything"

Nathalie gulped.

"I know everything about Gabriel's wish"

"What do you mean?"

Emilie smiled.

"I shouldn't be here right? This is not the reality you should all live in"

She paused and then kept talking.

"I don't want to let this madness continue, I want to stop it, Gabriel, Adrien and you can't live in this lie"

Nathalie was speechless.

"I... I want this to end... and the only way to stop this it's by getting aware of the situation"

Nathalie wasn't sure she was getting what Emilie was trying to say.

"What do you mean by getting aware?"

"I'm sure you are in the same situation as mine, you remember everything don't you?"

Nathalie nodded.

"Then you already did it, you are aware that this world is a lie and it's not the reality... it should be enough for you"

"What about you?"

"I'm aware too, since I shouldn't be here I will disappear from this reality..."

Nathalie couldn't believe it.

"What? But Gabriel did so much to bring you back!"

Emilie smiled.

"It's not real, I'm not real and you know it very well..."

Nathalie felt tears running down her cheek.

"Emilie I'm sorry..."

Emilie smiled.

"You don't have to be sorry, that's how life goes, you can't pretend to bring me back to life nor can Gabriel"

Emilie got up from the sofa.

"Nathalie I want you to do something for me"

"What is it?"

Nathalie had her eyes full of tears.

"Take care of Gabriel and Adrien for me please, they really love you and they need you more than anyone else"

"Oh Emilie"

The two women hugged in a last goodbye.

They had been friends for many years.

Nathalie had never dared to confess to Gabriel even if she loved him a lot, she knew he was married, she knew her best friend loved the man as much as she loved him.

Now all had changed, now she had to stay at his side because Emilie was gone and she knew he would have suffer without her.

Emilie disappeared before her eyes and Nathalie fell on the floor crying.