𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12 - 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

Nathalie was honest when she said Gabriel and Adrien would have made a good family even if it was just the two of them.

Their bond wasn't the best but they loved each other, it was just a lack of communication that made them to be so distant.

Nathalie squeezed Gabriel's hand again and was surprised to feel the man squeezing hers back.

Her eyes widened as she looked at Gabriel who was now moving under the covers.

"Gabriel" the woman called.

The man slowly opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Wha... what?" the man asked.

"You are ok! I'm so happy Gabriel!" Nathalie yelled grabbing the man and holding him close against her chest.

Gabriel grunted in surprise as the woman squeezed him into her arms.

"I think so..." he said.

Nathalie was so happy.

Gabriel was awake.

"I'm sorry Gabriel, you got badly hurt because of me"

"Hurt?"

"Yes, you fell and you hit your head when we were at the North Pole, don't you remember?"

"Not really..."

Nathalie had a really bad feeling.

Gabriel looked stressed as he was trying to remember so Nathalie decided to calm him down by taking his hand.

"It's ok if you don't remember we went to the North Pole Gabriel" she smiled caressing his hand.

She wondered how much he could recall about their conversation before the accident.

"I remember you invited me to go to the North Pole with you but then I'm not sure about what happened" he explained.

Nathalie closed her eyes and sighed.

As she thought.

"Did something happen to me there?"

"Uhm yes, as I told you, you fell off a cliff during a snowstorm hitting your head, maybe that's why you don't remember"

Gabriel looked away and sighed.

He looked so confused and weak, it was strange to see him like that.

"I should tell your wife you are awake"

"My wife..."

"Yes, your wife Emilie"

Just before Nathalie could even move Emilie herself opened the door.

"Miss Sancoeur I think you should go home now..."

She stopped looking at Gabriel.

"Oh dear you are awake!"

The woman stormed into the room and threw her arms around the man's shoulders.

"You are ok, I was so scared" she said sobbing into his chest.

"Yes Emilie, I'm ok"

"I'm so happy!" Emilie cried caressing his hair.

Nathalie looked at the whole scene, wearing her usual poker face but she was suffering a lot.

She wished she was at Emilie's place at that moment.

She had been scared as well, she really wanted to hold him and tell him how much she loved him.

He was the one who remembered about their real life first and now she was the one who were forced to keep living knowing that and she couldn't even tell him.

She was devastated but Gabriel now would have lived the life he wanted with his wife and son, so it was good in the end.

Emilie kept holding her husband.

Nathalie thought that was a cute scene after all but then she noticed a strange gaze in Emilie's eyes.

She was happy, that was obvious but her eyes were strange, as she was thinking about something.

"You should rest now, dear" Emilie said gently pushing her husband back down.

"Yes" Gabriel said.

Nathalie felt like she was just the third wheel in that situation so she got up from her sit.

"Well, I guess Mr. Agreste needs to rest so I think I should go now"

She put an extremely awkward smile on and walked towards the exit.

"Oh yes, thank you miss Sancoeur for keeping Gabriel's company"

Nathalie looked at Gabriel, he had closed his eyes again.

"It was the less I could do for him since the whole thing was my fault"

Emilie smiled.

"I told you it wasn't your fault, don't think too much about it, Gabriel is ok now"

Nathalie thought for a while.

"Yes, I won't, bye Emilie"

With that she closed the door behind her and left the mansion.

She would have given everything to be with Gabriel but it would have been better to leave for the moment, she would have visited him the next morning.

She went back to her apartment and spent the rest of the day at home.

Her heart was happy and sad at the same time.

When evening finally came she decided to have dinner and not to think about her problems.

That was more difficult than she thought.

After dinner she decided to go straight to bed wishing for the night to pass soon.

She said goodnight to all her reptiles wishing she was as calm as they were and she laid in bed.

She wished for something good to happen.