A royal surprise awaits

Lady Sif guides you through the hallways of the palace, you still have no idea where you're heading but weirdly enough you can't help but trust the woman. In silence she leads you to a room at the end of a long hallway. The door is enormous and covered in gold painted ornaments. On either side of the big door is a guard tightly holding a long thin spear. They nod at Lady Sif and swing the heavy golden door open. You peak inside behind Lady Sif and see a woman with long blonde locks sitting in front of a mirror. Her hair is being braided by one maid and her nails painted by another. You're still not sure where you are or who the woman by the mirror is but you have a feeling it's someone important so you straighten your back and check your clothes to not look like you just got blasted through space from one planet to another.

Lady Sif bows her head toward the woman with a soft voice she speaks; "Your Majesty, may I introduce to you (y/n), a friend of your son. She comes from Midgard." Your eyes widen as you hear the words 'your majesty' and 'your son'. Eyes wide you look at Sif and back at the woman. You realise now that you are about to meet Thor's mother, the Queen of Asgard. In a hurry you also bow your head and clear your throat before you say; "Evening Your Majesty, thank you for welcoming me into your home.. and uh- planet?" You hope that didn't sound too awkard but the blonde woman stands up and walks towars the both of you with a warm smile; "Welcome (y/n)! Oh please, no need for such formalities, call me Frigga. Nice to see you at last and you as well Sif! Come in girls." A relaxed sigh escapes your lungs as you feel immediately more at ease. You and Lady Sif walk further into the room and sit down on a ruby coloured, velour sofa. With your eyes you gesture to Sif that she could've warned you about meeting the queen. Sif smirks and listens to what Frigga has to say. The Queen sits back in front of her mirror and her maids continue working on her hair and nails. "So ladies, how is your afternoon going? Getting ready for the ball , I presume? Odin will take any opportunity to throw a party these days but I do believe it's a special occasion that you're here (y/n)." You politely reply; "It's been great so far, your maj-" you hesitate but continue;" I mean, Frigga. You have a wonderful home here, I can't wait to see more of it." Frigga smiles at you when you correct yourself, then Lady Sif takes the word; "Actually your highness, the ball is why we are here." "Oh? Is there a problem?", Frigga asks curiously. "See, your son Thor isn't the best at organizing as we all know and so, he didn't think to tell (y/n) about the ball, which means she doesn't have anything to wear besides-" Lady Sif waves her hand toward you and adds; "-her Midgardian clothes." You start to feel a little uncomfortable being the topic and your fingers reach for a loose piece of thread hanging from the seam of your black jeans. Queen Frigga frowns as she inspects your outfit and says; "Ah, I see! Yes, you would stand out from the crowd quite a bit but perhaps we could find you something a little more.. festive?" She gives you a friendly smile and you agree;" That would be so kind, thank you! I'm not much of a dress-wearing lady, I don't suppose I could wear anything other than a gown?" You ask with a soft vioce. Frigga laughs and replies; "Ha! Absolutely not! A gorgeous lady like you must wear a gown fit for her status." 'My status?' You think to yourself 'what status would that be?' Frigga continues as if she read your mind; "A member of the royal family that is! We have a reputation to keep up. But don't worry (y/n), I'm sure my tailor will find you something that you'll love." She asks one of her maids to call for her tailor and sends you and Sif to meet him in the dressing room at the other side of the palace.

The story continues in part 3.