warning

You laid down on your bed, fidgeting with your fingers, biting your fingernails. You were replaying your encounter with Loki in your head. Trying to find the reason you felt an excitement build in your stomach every time you thought back of when the dark haired prince had stroked your cheek to catch a tear. 'I must be going mad..', you thought. 'I can't possibly start to like him?' You enjoyed spending time with the prince, when he wasn't blasting mean comments at you or making you feel embarrassed by judging your Midgardian habits. "I mean, he's so.. rude and arrogant. He can be charming too..' You caught yourself smiling at the memories you had made with Loki. In the midst of your daydream you were interrupted by a confident knock on the door of your chamber. "yes?", you replied to welcome in whoever was at the door. It was a palace guard dressed in his usual gold armour. "Miss (y/n), sorry to interrupt but your presence has been requested by her majesty." His words sent you jumping up from your bed and walking over to a door-sized mirror on the wall next to your bed. "Thank you. I'll be right there, just give me a minute." You told the guard as you checked your appearance. Your eyes were a bit swollen from having cried before and your hair was frizzy from laying on the pillows on your bed. "yes, ma'am, I'll be right outside.", the guard reacted and left your chamber to wait for you. A tense feeling filled your stomach as you wondered why Queen Frigga would want to see you. Your hands starting to get sweaty as you tried to untangle the mess in your hair. you quickly picked up a black eye pencil one of the maids had left in your room and drew a thin line of black on your waterline. you wiped your hands on your dress and tried to get some wrinkles out on your way out of your room. The guard was patiently waiting outside the door and nodded to gesture you to follow him to Frigga.

Her majesty was in her own chambers as her maidens fixed up her hair before dinner. As you entered the room with the guar by your side she gave you a soft smile. "Leave us", she told the other in the room and they all followed her demands instantly. Once you were alone with Frigga she gestured her hand to a soft chair next to her. You took the seat and patiently waited for her to take the word while she finished the last touches on her hairdo. "Oh dear, take my seat here.", she said as she noticed how your hair could use some fixing as well. You took her seat and she stood behind you. While she undid your hair and started brushing it through with a silver brush, you looked at her with question in your eyes through the reflection of the mirror. "How are you (y/n)? Did you enjoy your day at the palace?", she asked with a friendly voice. "Yes ma'am, I did thank you." Frigga swept the brush through your hair as she continued," There's no need to be nervous dear. Tell me, have you spoken with Loki after our last talk?" That's what this was about. Relief made you a little more comfortable knowing why she had asked for you. "I have actually, just a few hours ago.", you told the queen. You continued, "We uh- I told him about how I was adopted too and.. He was actually quite kind about it." You noticed Frigga raising an eyebrow in the mirror as she had now started to add some braids to your hair. "That's good, very good. I suspect you two are getting along well?" "Yeah, I suppose we are. He's much nicer than everyone says he is. Well, sometimes." Frigga listened to you intrigued while pinning your braids up in a similar hairstyle to hers. "I know he can act somewhat arrogant at times, but I'm happy to hear he still has the manners I taught him." You both chuckled at the comment and you added, "You raised a gentleman." Queen Frigga raised her brow again and smiled at your words. "A gentleman really? Tell me something (y/n). Could it be perhaps you are taking a liking for my son?" Her question surprised you and a blush spread on your rosy cheeks. As you tried to find your words, you were saved by a knock on the door. "Come in." Frigga answered. A different palace guard came to tell us dinner was ready for us. Frigga thanked the guard and finished your hairdo by brushing some stray hairs out of your face. "There, all done. We'll continue our talk another time." you smiled softly. "Thank you. It looks great." you checked your hair in the mirror and felt like royalty with such intricately styled hair.