Chapter 20) Truth

Taehyung POV

I halted my steps back and forth across the hallways in front of the operation room. It's been an hour since Jieun has been getting operated and still I didn't heard anything positive from the doctors. I continuously prayed for her welfare. I know this all happened because of me.

The door opened making a click sound. I instantly turned around and rushed towards the doctor. The doctor took off his mask and said, "Her condition was really critical, but now hopefully she is alright. But she may not gain consciousness for some couple of days."

He explained at which I just nodded. I felt my muscles relax a bit. I pushed the door open and my eyes soften at the sight of Jieun lying in the bed with several wires connected to her. I carefully walked towards her and sat on the bed beside her. I hold her hand gently before leaning in and placing a peck on her forehead.

"Don't worry, my love! The one who did these is going to pay really bad." I muttered under my breathe. I stayed for a couple of minute before getting up and walked outside.

I got in the car and started the engine. I ruffled my hair as the anger rushed through my senses. I clearly do remember the face in that car which hit Jieun.

Now I am going to finish my business. A smirk crept on my face.

-
-
-

I pulled in front of the huge mansion. I harshly walked through the ways before making my way to the living room. There sat the family, peacefully drinking their tea and laughing their annoying asses off.

"PARK SHINHEE, who the heck gave you the right to hurt her, huh?" I spat. My voice dark and deepened.

Immediately all the laughters dropped. Shinhee flinched badly before quickly standing up and came to me.

"B-Baby, what are you talking about?"

"Shut the fuck up! You know what I'm talking about. I agreed to marry you right? Then why the heck you did that, huh?"

Her frightened face replaced into an angry one. "Because I hate her. As long as she is alive you will always love her not me. So I decided to end this. Besides this is what you get for pushing ne away in the restaurant." She gritted her teeth together.

"You know what I don't care for you anymore. Do whatever you want. You've hurt someone you shouldn't have."

"You can't leave me like this-"

"Oh please... I never chose you. It was just a deal which I am willingly breaking." I was about to leave from there when suddenly her father spoke aloud.

"You can't do that to my daughter. You know the consequences very well."

I tried to ignore it but he again spoke, "If today you leave Shinhee here, then you are going to prepare a death bed for your father."

I froze on my spot. I slowly turned around. My eyes ignited fires through their souls. I was about to say something but got lost on my own track. What the heck am I supposed to do now?

It is impossible for me to choose between my father and Jieun. I sweated profusely unable to process anything.

"Think about it." Her father said whilst smirking.

"You can't do anything old hag."

Suddenly someone said across the hall area. I turned around and my eyes widened. "Hoseok hyung!"

He winked at me before standing beside me. I noticed the police rushing to us in a beeline.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?" Shinhee shouted.

"Detective Hoseok always arrests the criminal in their houses." He said. His lips curved into a smile.

"Mr.Park is arrested for selling drugs and snatch other's properties and money illegally. Mrs. Park is also arrested for being involved in selling drugs. Miss Park Shinhee is arrested for willingly hitting a girl with her car. This straight goes for murder accusation." He stated. My mouth hung open all this time.

"H-How did you-" I stuttered not finding any words.

"Well, I am detective Hoseok." He said dramatically flipping his non existent long hair.

"No, you can't arrest me. I'm pregnant." Shinhee spoke aloud.

"Are you sure about that? Look if you are going to lie once more time. Your punishment will be trippled. Think about that. I have a footage of that night. Where it is seen clearly that nothing happened then."

I am so damn proud of having a detective hyung like him. God bless him. I hugged him tight creeping his breathe away.

The police handcuffed them before dragging them away. Feels like a huge load of burden is removed from my shoulders. God! I have been bearing the stress of this whole drama when I was not even involved.

_______________

Whoever invented assignments must have gone through a lot of curses.