Dieing In Fashion

“ Please wake up … you're not going out like this...”

Finally the lights come back however blurry.  I start to regain my strength with a little pain from where I got shot which has a long white band wrapped around my stomach.  I don't say a word to anybody as I stare straight up at the ceiling conformably.  Sound starts to come back as I hear Kitty talk to me quietly, she seems to be the only one in the room.  I glide my hand over my stomach carefully as I feel the tight bandages wrapped around me that feels so uncomfortable.  The room feels like a small closet with a little bit of light that takes up half of the room, I mean it could be worse however I don't like tight rooms.  “How are you feeling?”  Kitty says while looking down at the floor however by the tone of her voice she seems concerned.  “Yeah...I mean it could be worse. Why did you guys save me?” I ask Kitty however I already know the answer, anyone in the same situation would do the same if someone was dying.  Well I would hope someone would do the same as the D.I.X’s did to me.

“We saved you because we care. your a D.I.X now. You deserve to live.” Kitty says as suddenly Rocky and Ash barges in the door casually.  “Gage you're awake.  Is he going to be okay?” Ash says with discontent to Kitty. “Yeah. Why? What’s happening?” Kitty asked as she stood up from her chair, then looked back at me softly.  Kitty doesn't seem like the kind of girl to take things easy by the way she hides her emotions however at times expresses them.

“The Nipsters are almost here for round two. They’re really not that happy about Mason.” Ash says while acting very paranoid however semi confident about it.  Rocky doesn't say anything but stares at me from behind Ash, makes me think that deep down inside, she’s scared.  I want to say Rocky is the kind of badass to kill a person and not care however I can tell by her face that she's miserable.  “I’ll be fine. Let’s give ‘em hell.”  I stand up quickly off the hard ground and examine my surroundings for a moment.  The windows are colorful with some religious stuff I don't really know and a cross right above a stand where the preacher speaks.  Grace is loading handguns and rationing ammo over by the barricaded door the doesn't seem so strong to hold anyone back.  Grace stands up while still loading guns and says “We can only hold off so long given the amount of ammo we have. When we are dry, we will run for the back door and take the back streets out of here.”

“Lets hope that we all get out of here alive.” Ash says as Kitty walks in loading her gun and grabbing magazines.  I reach into my back pocket where I feel my red handgun still loaded with a half of a magnetize left in it.  Now that I think about it, I never really shot any one or even tried to. I was too beat up from the sight of Bayne wanting to kill me without hesitation.

“look alive sunshine. Their here” Ash says as she crouches down by the front window of the church.  Rocky, Grace, Kitty and I rush quickly, with a out a word and react to the situations quickly.  Ash and Kitty are on the left of me while Rocky and Grace are on my right, waiting for what's going to happens next.  We hear Marah’s voice yell from outside as their car doors shut roughly.  “Come on out fuckers! just come out now and die as bitches” Marah says as she fires through the window, covering Ash and Kitty with glass.  They shake off the glass and start firing their loud handguns back at the Nipsters.  

“Fuck you!” I scream out at the Nipsters as I become trigger happy with the handgun.  As I violently firer back at the Nipsters I notice Bane, Marah,  Hayley, Sidney and Oliver spread out behind their black shady cars.  Unlike last time, they were firing handguns however now their packing much more heat.  Marah and Oliver are holding small machine guns while Bane, Sidney and Hayley carry much stronger handguns that draws us out of cover so we can't stay in one place.  As we are maneuvering around the heavy fire, I notice that Grace and Rocky run out of ammo.  Soon after a long twenty minutes of gunfire, Kitty and I run dry however Ash is still holding a couple of more rounds.

“Okay look. only one of us is not going to get out of here. You guys run and take the back roads home. don't come back for me.” Ash says as she pressed her back against the church door.  “What do you mean? were not leaving you behind to die.” Rocky says as she reacts seriously to Ash’s.  I start to think deeply and I can see that Rocky cares for Ash.  I start to think that all this is my fault, because it is.  If I never have caught Bane in the bathroom or just the hide the fact that i'm broken, I would of never caused all this trouble.  I wish I died when I got shot, it would of ended all of this and we wouldn't end up in this situation.  “Look just go! I will hold them back. trust me, this is what I want” Ash says depressingly as she looks into my eyes making me feel more terrible about the situation.  The Nipsters keep firing however none us seem to care, we are focusing deeply as we spend maybe our last moments with Ash.  

“Go! leave now while you still can oh and one more thing” We all pause as we look back at Ash “Make sure they bury me in all my favorite colors”.  I smile one last time at Ash as Grase, Kitty and Rocky drag me along with them as we head out the back door carefully.  I feel bad for her however I know some how that this is what she wanted. She wanted too die in fashion with famous last words to remember her by.  We start to run without looking back however we can still hear gunshots from behind us.  We run through the dreaded woods in the dark of night that leads us into the streets.  Soon we no longer hear gunshots for a brief second.  We all pause while we wait to hear a sign that she might of got away in time.

*Bang*

We hear one gun shot in the distance that slowly ecos the streets with a dreadful thought that she is no longer with us.  The wind blows smoothly though my hair and soon we can no longer hear anything but the sounds of our slightly heavy breathing.  “No…” I say as I start to run away angrily however deep down inside i'm even more broken.  Its because of me that shes dead, who am I too just too let that happen.  I start to think about earlier when I thought to myself that I don't deserve to walk this earth, and you know what?  I was right.