She's Everything and More | Part 3 | Tohru Honda X Male Reader | Fruits Basket

This idea is from; 

Tooru Honda x Deaf Male Reader Part 3
Tooru gets the Reader hearing aids.
It's them spending time together meeting new people

Christmas is right around the corner, Tohru invited me to spend Christmas eve with her. My parents were fine with it so I'm on my way to Shigure's house, I knock on the door and Tohru happily opens the door. "Hey Y/N," she signs to me.

"Hello, Tohru," I say as I lean down and kiss her on the cheek. She then grabs my hand and pulls me into the house, I look around and find it empty. "Where is Shigure, Yuki, and Kyo?" I ask her.

"They have their own Christmas plans," she signs to me and I nod. I sit down at the table, I look at the TV. "I was watching The Grinch, wanna watch it with me after I finish cooking?" she signs to me and I nod.

She made cream stew, she places a bowl in front of me and one in front of her. She then plays the movie as we eat, after eating I pulled Tohru onto my lap and we finished the movie like that. I then clean the dishes as Tohru found a new movie to watch, we then were back to cuddling while watching movies.

We stayed up until midnight watching movies, Tohru then saw the time and jumped off of me. She ran off leaving me to pause the movie, I wait for her to come back. She came back holding a present, I stare at it then at her. She puts it on the table in front of me, "Open it please," she signs.

"Right now? But it's-" I start to say but she covers my mouth.

"Please," she signs and I sigh with a nod. I open the present, it was a box with no labels. I look at Tohru confused, she then signs, "Open the box." I open the box and pull out a small case that would seem to hold earbuds, I open the case and almost drop it.

I look at Tohru with wide eyes, "Tohru... these are hearing aids. How? I never got them since they were too expensive," I say as I stand up and walk over to her.

"I saved up money from my job to get you these, I got information from your mother from when you tried to get hearing aids in Texas. So please try them on," she signs and I grab one with my very shaky hands. "What's the matter?"

"I'm just very excited and nervous... I've never heard anything before," I tell her. She then smiles as I bring the hearing aid to my ear, I put it in then grab the other one. I put that one in and I become confused not being able to hear anything, Tohru then reaches to my ears and clicks something.

"You need to turn them on," I hear her say loud and clear. Her voice is so sweet and care, it's just how I thought it would be. I feel tears fall down my cheeks, Tohru quickly panics. "Oh, no. Can you not hear me? Are you not happy?"

"No, I can hear you. I can hear you," I say happily as I hug her while picking her up a bit.

"Oh, I'm so happy," she says as she hugs me back.

"My voice is so strange though," I says as I let go of her and touch my throat.

"Not what you expected?" she asks and I nod. "I'm excited for you."

"Thank you so much, Tohru," I hug her again and she hugs me back. "I don't think my gift can match yours."

"Anything you give me, I'll treasure it," she says and I reach into my pocket. I hand it to her, she unwraps it. She opens the box and gasps, "It's a ring."

I grab the ring from the box and grab her left hand, I put the ring on her index finger. "It's a promise ring, a promise that I'll never leave you," I tell her as I watch her cheeks go red.

"Thank you, Y/N. I love it," she says with a big smile. I then kiss her and she kisses back, I pull away and her smile was still present. "Merry Christmas, Y/N."

"Merry Christmas, Tohru," I say while we turn off the TV and go to her room. "Can we hang out on New Year's too?" She nods as we get into her bed, I then pull her closer to me. We fell asleep like that, it was a Christmas to remember forever.

*

New Year's came around the corner and Tohru and I went shopping together, she wants me to get use to my hearing aids. It was fun, I met people and didn't struggle to talk to them. I had a very enjoyable time with Tohru, she seemed to be having a good time as well.

We then went to a park nearby, we walk around hand in hand. I then notice that Tohru forgot her scarf, I unwrap mine and wrap it around her. "What about you, though?" she asks as she looks at the scarf.

"You need it more than I do, I can handle the cold better," I tell her and she smiles. We the sit down at a bench, Tohru was enjoying the view of the frozen pond and trees. 

"Y/N... thank you," Tohru suddenly says.

"For what?" I ask while moving her hair away from her face,

"Being here for me," she says and I smile.

"I'm your boyfriend, it's what I'm meant to do," I tell her and she softly smiles. I then lean over to her ear, "My love for you is purer than the snowflakes that fall in late December and honest as a robin on a springtime window sill. I'll be there for you no matter what because I love you a lot, Tohru."

Her face was beat red making me chuckle a bit, "I love you too, Y/N," she says and I pull her closer to me. She rests her head on my shoulder as we enjoy the winter breeze and the snow falling from the sky creating a white view.

Unedited, sorry for mistakes.

Word count: 1054