It's A Soothing Voice | Kaminari X Female Reader | MHA

This idea is from; me, Virgo 100%

You are deaf and your mother is in the hospital with lung cancer. You go to visit her one weekend and a boy gets transferred into the room next door, you took it upon yourself to go and see who it was.

Enjoy😁

The world is silent, no talking, no electrical hums, no birds chirping, no pitter patters. Nothing comes into my ears. I can only hear the lowest noises, a loud low bass, a low voice yelling in my ear. That is the help from the hearing aid, on my ear's lonesome there is nothing.

I don't speak to the world. I've never heard my voice so how am I to know what I'm saying or how I'm saying something is correct. I don't need to speak, a simple pen to paper works. The movement of my own hands can come across as words too.

The hospital is my second home, not for me though. It's for my mother, she is suffering from lung cancer. She's in her last stages of chemotherapy, it'll be a few months before she can come home. My dad has been taking care of the house and me, he even picked up more hours to support me and my mother. I spend nights with my mother a lot since my dad wants me to check on her and I like to keep her company.

Walking into the hospital I smile at the ladies at the front desk, they wave hello. All the front desk ladies know I'm deaf and have learned a little sign language to help me. They give me a nod while pointing down the hall, they then give the sign saying "Go visit her." If I can't visit her they normally sign, "Not today." They learned those two and hello and goodbye, not much but it's still helpful.

I go to my mother's room which is on the third floor, as I approach her room I spot someone getting moved into the room next door. I stop and wait, once the person was in the doctor, I assume, said thank you to me since he doesn't know I'm deaf. I bow and walk into my mothers room, she's sleeping.

I turn off the tv and bring her blanket up to chest, she hums in her sleep and rolls over. I adjust the blanket to her new position, I place my bag on the couch, almost bed type thing in the window. I look outside at the dark and glistening skies, I'm not exactly tired so I'll see who's next door.

I leave my mother's room and walk over to the room next door, the sign read the name Denki Kaminari. I peek inside and I make eye contact with him, I quickly move away from the window in the door. I panic and start to walk back to my mom's room, but a nurse from behind me stops me. I tried to read her lips but she was speaking too fast, I did some sign language. People always realize I'm deaf when I do this.

She gasps and bows in a an apology, she points to Kaminari's room and does some sort of motion near her mouth. I look at her confused, she then pulls out a pen and small notebook. She writes something down and hands it to me, it read, "The boy is calling for you."

I look up at her and nod, I go to Kaminari's room and knock on the door. I look through the window, I see him mouth something but he was too fast. I assume it's "come in," I open the door and walk in, he starts speaking super fast. I panic as I look around the room, he stops and looks at me confused. He then finally said something I could read from his lips, "Why do you look scared?"

I motioned to my ears, he looks more confused. I wasn't wearing my hearing aids today so I couldn't show him that, I need a break from them once in a while. I look around the room again, I started signing things and he starts doing random things with his hands like it's a game. I sigh and finally found a pen and paper, I quickly write "I'm deaf."

I hand it to him, he reads it and looks up at me. He starts bowing in an apology and starts writing something on the paper. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know, that's why you didn't say or anything when I was calling out to you," he writes.