I Am

I am the gravekeeper of unfinished and abandoned projects, the haunted hall’s silent guard amongst passions of past, present and future. 

I am pitch black rooms filled with sleepless eyes and longing gazes at the moon, flashes of life that feel familiar yet foreign flitting around the pillars of moonlight.  

I am the feeling of comfort characters stuck between pages, unable to break free. 

 I am the symphony of laughter and curse words thrown between friends echoing in the summer nights. 

I am extra loud music filling your head to distract you from the darkness filling your heart. 

I am the vulnerability of honesty and trust, fragile like a mirror—one crack is enough to ruin the whole thing. 

I am unpredictable, the spirit of the ocean filling my empty soul, restlessly trying to escape the confines in which they exist. 

I am apathetic, like the mountains when the wind screams and whistles in a desperate attempt to flee their loneliness. 

I am the nostalgia of something found after years of being left in the back of the mind, a memory resurfacing after an eon of sleep in the metaphysical planes between awake and asleep. 

I am sleep that claims you when you’re beyond exhaustion, sudden and overwhelming. 

I am the inevitable end that holds nothing against you at the end of the road, forgiving those that are deserving and scathing to those I deem worthy of my cruelty. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐈'𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐭𝐨𝐨.

—𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧