Polished Glass

Okay so this poem was actually inspired by a number of things and can be interpreted a number of different ways, so why not take a crack at it in the comments below? 

I love to see your guys' input on my work, since you're all very kind and supportive.  

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Apathy is thy wary frenemy.

For you care not for the demons living peacefully in the world, only for the demons roosting in the dark thoughts you carry.

Love is thy insolent chains.

You're waiting for that two way street to open, staring at that 'closed for construction' sign, waiting for it to disappear.

Music is thy freedom.

The night goes on as you sail the clouds with your little boat of lost dreams, fishing for something unknown.

The mirror shows you what is broken and what is barely held together in your soul.

Healing is needed but not accepted, so tell your friend in the polished glass that...

They are not free.

They need to know they are trapped in the reflection of the

Society they so adamantly believe in.

Tears run down but spirits soar high as you glare at your twin. As the

Shattered glass reflects your shattered soul, your twin desperately tries to piece it together.

Lies is thy defense.

Tears are thy loathsome company.

Dreams are the your vessel to eternity as you

Let the music play for every moment you deem memorable.

As your illusions feed that sudden rush in your veins to the sound of sorrow.

Tell your twin in the polished glass...

That they are not real.

Nor will they ever be again.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Feel free to leave your thoughts and interpretations of my work in the comments.

— 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧