The Man Who Smelled of the Sea

Had to write this for a writing class I took in high school and I wanted to put it up somewhere for shits and giggles, so enjoy! 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He was a veteran of the waves, always ready to regale the epic stories he lived on that bipolar terrain. Whether he faced waves reminiscent of a rough and tumble animal companion, or the angry waves of a god displeased. He would entice the eyes of small children with arm movement to showcase just how adventurous the waves made his journey seem.

It ne'er failed to keep them still long enough to let their mothers buy food at the market.

He was too old to get up from the long empty crate he called a chair for very long, let alone set sail once more in his beloved boat, Star Flight. So, he was content with just sitting and watching the happenings of his home, the land just as comforting as the sea was to him in his younger years.

It ne'er failed to make him smile to see all the children eager to hear his tapestry of words spun before their eyes.

With a bum leg, and a dusty old bandana wrapped 'round his head, he looked very much like the pirate he fought once, some many moons ago. 'What a lovely little touch of fate,' he had remarked as he told the moment to the earnestly waiting children.

It ne'er failed to bring sparkling waves and shooting stars in their eyes as their youthful lips parted in hushed awe.

His elegant words were inked into their brains much like the mermaids and krakens were inked into his leathered skin. He looked upon his young audience, knowing that even as his body decayed into nothing but dust, his legacy would continue on as they too became riders of the waves.

It ne'er failed to bring tears to his eyes long after those little boys and girls departed, sailing the waters of their dreamlands.     

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I really like this cover, they definitely have some talent.

— 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧