Chapter 33

4 Months Later (July)

I sat anxiously in the doctor's office. My leg couldn't stop bouncing. Kaia sat across from me looking at me worriedly. There's a very high chance I might be pregnant.

Giovanni has been very distant with me and I'm starting to think this is why. He caught me throwing up two times but I told him it was nothing to worry about and that it was just something bad I ate. At first I thought so too but now I'm not so sure. I've been so nauseous lately, I hate the smell of almost everything, my breasts are tender and a little bigger, and I've gained 5 pounds, though I go to the gym regularly.

I think he suspects it, because why is he all of a sudden being so distant?

The doctor walks in with a smile on her face and I already know what the answer was.

"Congratulations Yasmine, the test came back positive. You're going to have a baby and from the hGC levels in your blood, it looks like you're about 13 weeks along." She smiled.

"3 months!?" How did I not know I've been pregnant for 3 months. I looked down at tummy.

It's so flat.

"She's on the pill so how?" Kaia asked.

"Well, it's only 99% accurate. Plenty of people get pregnant on the pill, your friend isn't going to be the last either." She turned to me. "You have plenty of options, if you aren't ready. The baby is about the size of a peach right now and in a month you can find out the gender."

She asked if I wanted to do a sonogram but I declined because I didn't have the time. She gave me some pamphlets to look over and Kaia and I left. We were now sitting in my car in the parking lot. I just felt really overwhelmed and couldn't contain my tears anymore.

"Awe come here." Kaia leaned over to hug and comfort me. "I thought you wanted kids Yasmine, why are you so upset?"

"I do, I just don't wanna lose Gio." I cried.

"Why would you think that honey? Gio loves you and he's always telling you how he's looking forward to having kids with you."

"He's been so distant this past week Kaia. I think he knows I might be pregnant because of all the throwing up and my appetite changes. He even noticed that my breasts are a little bigger. Maybe I should've kept my apartment, what if he kicks me out!?"

"Okay, he won't kick you out stop being dramatic. There's probably something going on with him, just talk to him instead of jumping to conclusions please. You know how you get. Just have a conversation with him today and see what he says okay?"I nodded.

She's right. I tend to get in my head and overreact so I'll just have a conversation with him today. I need to tell him about the pregnancy anyway.

After this I'm not even sure I want to go back to work. I took my hour lunch break to come do a walk-in to see if my suspicions were right. I had ten minutes to get back to the clinic. I sucked it up and decided to just head back.