A Day of Surprises and Unexpected Guests

Once Upon a Quiet Day

It was a serene day, and Nezuko yearned to relax at home, indulging in her favorite pastime of sleeping. Meanwhile, Muichirou, as usual, gazed up at the sky, contemplating the shapes of the passing clouds. Suddenly, Nezuko heard a familiar voice calling out, "Nezuko-chan, open the door!" It was her brother, accompanied by a boy with fiery red hair and a diminutive stature.

"I'm coming!" Nezuko replied, hurrying to greet them. "It's been so long since we last met. Why didn't you let me know in advance? Wait for me a moment!" She hastily tidied up the house, not wanting her brother to see the mess.

As she opened the door, she was taken aback to find another girl standing beside her brother. "And who might you be?" Nezuko asked, puzzled.

"Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. I'm his girlfriend, Kanao," the girl replied in a soft voice.

Nezuko's face lit up with a smile. "I'm glad to meet you, Kanao!^^"

Kanao nodded shyly in response, and after the cleanup was done, Nezuko invited everyone to sit at the table and asked for a moment of patience. "I'd like to treat both of you to some delicious cake."

"Thank you, Nezuko. You're so kind," Kanao expressed her gratitude, gently patting Nezuko's head.

Blushing, Nezuko replied, "It's nothing."

Just as they were about to enjoy the cake, a sudden knock interrupted their gathering. Nezuko hurriedly went to open the door. It was Muichirou, her other brother. "Nezuko, are you home?" he asked.

Surprised, Nezuko inquired, "Muichirou, what brings you here?"

"I'm bored staying at home during the break, so I thought of asking you to go somewhere with me," he explained.

Nezuko hesitated, aware of her responsibilities towards her two brothers and sisters. "But I'm busy taking care of our siblings," she responded.

Muichirou proposed an alternative, saying, "Well, why don't I stay at your house for two days? It's convenient for me, and I'll make sure not to cause any damage."

Puzzled, Nezuko asked, "What would you do at home?"

Muichirou sheepishly admitted, "I haven't paid the electricity bill, so I have to wait for two days after making the payment. My place will be dark until then."

Understanding his situation, Nezuko agreed, albeit with a concerned expression. "Alright, just make sure not to wreak havoc while you're here."

"I know," Muichirou acknowledged, aware of his reputation for being careless and accidentally breaking things. Regardless of his abilities, he had become associated with the nickname "vandalism" due to his occasional mishaps.