"A Twist of Fate: Nezuko's Dilemma and Mui's Desperate Plea"

"Hello, Genya?" Nezuko asked, expecting to hear Genya's voice on the other end. However, to her surprise, it was a woman crying and uttering, "Nezuko, is that you?"

Nezuko confirmed her identity, saying, "Yes, it's me. What's the matter?"

The woman sobbed, "I need to meet... Genya's face... one last time... at the hospital."

Nezuko agreed, "Alright, I'll come to the hospital immediately." She hung up the phone and rushed to the hospital, her mind filled with thoughts.

---

[Nezuko's POV]

Maybe Genya is going to die? No, that can't be. How can such a kind and gentle person die? If I remember correctly, we were together just a few days ago. Yet now I receive news of Genya's death, and it saddens me deeply.

The truth is, I care for Genya more than Mui. No one has been as good to me as Genya. He may not be exceptional, just about as good as me, but he's sensible. Genya has a certain charm, a childlike attractiveness, which is why he has many admirers, including myself. However, whenever I tried to get closer, he never reciprocated. He made it clear that he's not the dark and brooding type like Mui, and perhaps that's why I couldn't develop strong feelings for him. But for now, let's focus on reaching the hospital quickly.

---

[Back to reality]

Nezuko finally arrived at the hospital, where Genya's sobbing figure caught her attention. She approached him and asked, "Auntie, what happened?"

Auntie, tearfully, replied, "Genya is in critical condition. He was hit by a speeding car while walking home."

"Walking?" Nezuko expressed her shock.

"He was struck by a car that lost control. Right now, he's undergoing surgery," Auntie explained, her voice filled with worry.

Concerned, Nezuko asked, "How is his prognosis?"

"The survival rate is only 20%," Auntie revealed, her voice trembling with despair.

Suddenly, a white-haired guy nearby called out to Nezuko, saying, "Hey, hey, do you miss me?"

Nezuko turned to see Brother Sanemi and Kanae noona. She responded, "Yes, it's me. What's going on?"

Brother Sanemi admired her, saying, "You have such a beautiful face. Your voice and style are perfect."

Nezuko, puzzled, asked, "And then?"

Brother Sanemi continued, "By the way, how are Shinobu and Mitsuri? It's been a while since I saw them and the kids."

"They're doing fine, but Kanao is not feeling well," Nezuko replied.

Brother Sanemi teased, "It's okay to be a bit miserable, you know."

Nezuko smiled and replied, "Heh, that's true."

At that moment, Zenitsu and Muichirou appeared, surprising Nezuko. She asked, "Zenitsu and Muichirou, are you both here too?"

Zenitsu responded, "We arrived before you. What's going on?"

Before Nezuko could answer, Mui suddenly grabbed her collar, anger evident in his voice. He questioned, "What's your relationship with Nezuko? Is there a girlfriend in the picture? Has he done anything to you? Any inappropriate behavior?"

Nezuko was taken aback as Mui lifted her up, but then he released her, holding her hand instead.

He said, "Wait, just wait. I need to step outside for a moment." Mui's hand was still clenched, and Nezuko watched as he headed towards a nearby pole. To her surprise, Mui started hitting the pole with great force, causing it to shake. Nezuko realized the true extent of Mui's strength, explaining why he could easily break through walls.

"Nezuko, have you been watching me this whole time?" Mui asked, his tone filled with curiosity.

Nezuko replied honestly, "No, I was just curious."

Mui then made a heartfelt plea, "Please, stay by my side for the rest of my life. Love me instead of Genya."

Nezuko firmly responded, "I don't love Genya, it's only you. But if that's your request, please understand that my answer might not be what you expect."

Silence filled the air as Mui contemplated Nezuko's words, leaving the future of their relationship uncertain.