Bought

Hades POV

Olive and Twist and Strips, the bane of my existence. I had heard many demons and demigods running in and out of this run down shack. The strippers were some what appealing if you were into that sort of thing. I've never been one to enjoy watching a naked woman dancing on a pole, in public. Why the hell would you want to watch that and have a permanent set of blue balls in the club is beyond me.

The only reason I was here was because The Helm of Darkness was indeed missing. Someone swapped a fake in my trophy room which now must be redone. Fire exploded from my body when it happened, sending some demons into a fiery crisp. The smell is what bothers me, the burned flesh and hair. That smell will never leave my nostrils and I'll have to resurrect the damned souls because they couldn't keep their distance. It isn't that hard, stay out of my fucking way.

I popped into the Earth realm and appeared in the alleyway in the back to avoid any suspicion. The Armani suit I wore today was a bit tight because some idiot can't do measurements correctly. My biceps were going to practically rip out of it, I look like a damn fool.

Walking inside you could smell the sweat, the pheromones and smoke wafting in the air. A smell that utterly disgusts me. I find more strippers and their clients washed up on some of the shores around the underworld, many of the men that watch them end up in Tartarus. I understood that many women had no choice, which apparently these women didn't, which was why Niko was dead set on finishing this tonight. The Helm of Darkness was the icing on the cake.

As I neared Niko's table with his three musketeers and my once close friends, I saw the backside of a tiny thing. She was small, delicate and her movements were graceful. She had a slight smile that I saw on the side of her face, a face that didn't look like it belonged here. When I mean here, I mean here on Earth.

It was angelic.

Walking up closely behind her, I feel her stiffen. Her body slowly turns, and her gorgeous emerald eyes meet mine. An electric current ran through my body, the depths of the meadows of her eyes were deep. I could almost see the flowers blooming in her eyes. A version of herself was running and looking back, holding out her hand for me to grasp. She's laughing, smiling begging me to come with her.

Before I could say another word, the owner of the club walks up and reprimands her for bothering his customers. My fists tighten, ready to burst him into flames but he has all the information I need to find my helm. I hold, back and sit in the booth with Hermes. His body has hardened, looking at me warily.

As the idiot begins talking, my mind begins to drift. How could this girl have such a hold on my cold heart? I haven't felt any emotion in so long and just looking into her eyes gave me peace that I have craved for so many years. I felt rested, rejuvenated and I needed to know more about this girl. I had to find her and figure out what she was doing to me.

"Tonight, is your lucky night, gentleman. I have nothing but the best, especially tonight. In fact, I have a 20-year-old virgin that looks like she barely graduated high school. Fair skin, long hair and a great tolerance to pain," John said as he puffed out his cigarette.

Right, Niko said John was into sex-trafficking but what it sounds like is that my mystery girl will be put up for auction. I tightened my grip on the table, the thought of anything happening to her brought my blood to a rage. I could feel the fire in me coming forth, if I didn't get it under control, I would set the damn place ablaze.

Once John left, everyone looked at me for leadership. Uneasiness at the table was apparent as I lit my cigar. I had to playthings nice until I figured out what this girl means to me. Sure, she took my breath away, made me feel calm but what of it? She could be some siren granted legs for a few years before she rips some poor unsuspecting soul to pieces.