Beautiful

Gwen's POV

After a long bath, which I wasn't sure I was going to climb out of, I wrapped myself in a warm fluffy towel that made me giggle. I couldn't get over that I was in the largest bathtub in a giant bathroom that was larger than the room I slept in with 30 girls. My giggles were short lived as I turned to the mirror. You could easily see my bony shoulders, my gaunt face, and large bags under my eyes. My hair was dull and lifeless and I'm sure I weigh 100 pounds wet.

A large sigh escaped my lips. How Niko and Hades brought the girls and I to freedom and kept me was beyond a miracle. Then they pick me out of all the girls and bring me here, to this beautiful home. The other girls were prettier, fed better and had curves in all the right places. Me? They purposefully had me malnourished, to keep me small and have a pretty price over my head.

Walking out of the bathroom, I headed to the closet. I really didn't want a maid to come in and dress me. I helped too many girls to get them ready out of pity, I didn't need any of that since my body was so disgusting. Hunting through the closet I found an abundance of clothes. Dresses, skirts, pants, jeans, shirts, just about anything a girl could want. Did he know my size? Weird.

Thumbing through the rack I found a pretty plum colored dress that covered up my bony shoulders and stitched at the waist. I still had plenty of room to go in the waist area, but the way Niko had been forcing food the past two meals I knew I would gain it fast.

My hair was dry and a bit of concealer to cover the bags under my eyes, I was ready for someone to retrieve me. Part of me wanted to venture out on my own but with a room as big as this only made me worry how big it was on the outside. I wasn't one to get lost or get into some sort of confrontation with some maids since there was a fight earlier between them.

Before I could let my mind wander into thinking of all the things that could go wrong, there was a knock on the door. Jerking my head up and walking to the door, I cracked it open to see who it was on the other side. It was Hades and my smile widened on its own accord.

"Hello Hades," I muttered. Hades' smile widened as he took in my appearance. I haven't even opened the door and he was looking at me like I was the light of his world. His eyes looked happier than what they were the first time we met. The dark shadow had left him and was looking more, dare I say human?

There was no mistaking he looked like a god carved from stone. His body towered over mine easily and the recently shaven face made me want to touch it. It only makes me question more of his name, of his friends' names. I was lucky to have something to read at night. The history books were a favorite and Greek mythology always fascinated me. I would read about them over and over until I fell asleep at night. Wouldn't that be amazing, if he was the real Hades, God of the Underworld. He certainly had the looks for it. Ha, is it hot in here?

I bet they are in the Mafia and those were the names they picked for themselves. Don't they use code names? John's men used code names, but they weren't as cool as Hermes and Ares. Their names were Spike, Rage or Rogue. Could they be into something illegal then?

My imagination was running away from me as I continued to look up into his dark eyes.

"Are you ready?" His smile widened even more. I blushed looking down at my feet. "You might want to open the door a bit more if you plan on coming out," he smirked.

"Oh, right," I muttered again and opened the door.

"You look so beautiful Gwen," his hand brushed a piece of my hair away. I gave a small smile, looking away. I felt anything but beautiful, the bruises are still fresh, and the lifelessness of my face will tell me otherwise. "Look at me," he took his finger under my chin and ever so gently lifted my head. My eyes burning with unshed tears.