Chapter 20: Family

Riley's POV:
-
After about a week or so in North Carolina we got a call from Bart telling us all to go home today and pack new clothes because we had more stops for Magcon. I just used the clothes I bought from shopping in each city. So I went back to Jacob's house. He read us the cities " Orlando, Dallas, Huston, Knoxville, St. Louis, San Fransisco, and Tucson."
*10 months later*
Bart has broken the news to us that there is no more Magcon. I cry into Jacobs shirt and say "what am I gonna do now? Go back to being a loser in high school? Be bullied and be surrounded by girls because I'm dating you?" He quietly says, "I promise that will never happen. You can come spend a few months with me until you wanna go home". "I wanna go home now". I say firmly. Jacob looks at me like I'm crazy. "B-but Ri why leave now?" he questions. "I miss my family and I'll be down soon to see you".
Jacobs POV
-
"I miss my family and I'll be down to see you soon" she says in her quite yet firm voice. She kisses my cheek and runs out of the building.
Riley's POV
-
I get back to the hotel and pack all my stuff up. I take a cab to the airport.
*at the airport*
"One ticket to New York please" I say to the girls name tag that read Maggie. here you go. "Your flight takes off in an hour" she says nicely. "Thank you" I say and walk away. I decide I want to surprise my family when I get home my car is at the other airport anyway so why not.
"Flight 108 now boarding" a flight attendant says. The man scans my ticket and board the plane.
*3 hours later*
I pull into my driveway and see my family sitting in the living room. My whole family. Even my cousins from Florida who I haven't seen in forever. I smile and knock on the front door. (reminder I haven't seen my family in over a year). My mom answers the door. Her jaw drops open and she starts to cry. "Oh my gosh my baby girl is home!" I give her the biggest hug and I start to cry. I walk in and head into the living room. My whole family looks shocked and some start to cry. They all welcome me home. "Well hello stranger" says my not so little brother anymore. "Your so big!" I say hugging him. he is 12 now. "Where's Sage?" I ask my aunt. "She's in the bathroom" she says. "Mom record her reaction when she sees me". My mom obeys and takes my phone. Sage walks down the stairs. She looks over and screams "Riley!" She runs and jumps into my arms like one of those internet friend videos. We laugh and cry. I put her down and turn to the rest of my family. "Gosh I've missed you all" I say trying not to cry. "I'm so sorry for my absence for so long. Magcon is officially done so I'm done. Jacob wanted me to spend a few weeks with him but I said no cause I missed you all so much. I promise I'll be home for a long time now" I say. Then we all watch a movie and just be one big happy family.