Chapter 2: "The pack"

Riley's POV:
-
I walked into school noticing a crowd of girls around 12 boys. I asked myself "who the hell are they?" . 8 out of the 13 looked like they had girlfriends. One of the couples were making out against the lockers and the other 7 were surrounded by girls. But they just kept walking. When they got to me the "leader"'smacked the books out of my hand letting them fall to the ground while papers flew everywhere. Everyone laughed. One of them winked at me and smirked. I gave him a disgusted look. Damn, they're rude and gross. But then I noticed one. He looked like the one they just dragged along. He stopped and nealt down to help me. As soon as he did the other 11 stopped. They turned around and the "leader" walked up to the boy and slammed him against the locker saying "Don't help her she's a looser and worthless you could do so much better than her". Then he punched him right across the face making him fall to the ground. He was onconsiounce. They all walked away like nothing happened. I started to cry and ran over to the boy. Tears started rolling down my face. A puddle started to form around me. His head laying in my lap. He had brown hair that stood up and brown eyes. He was really tall. I whispered to myself," damn he's hot". He woke up and sat up against the locker. He saw me crying and just looked at me. He said please don't cry I'm ok and what he did to you was wrong. I looked at the side of his face it was all black and blue and his lip was cut. Blood was pouring from it. I got him up and we left school. My friend Shae is 17 and can drive so she drove us to the hospital. We didn't know each other so we sat on opposite sides of the car. I couldn't help but stare at him. Damn he's hot. I asked him what's your name? He said Jacob. Jacob Whitesides. I stared at him and just noded. We got to the hospital and they put him in a room. I decided to leave the hospital and go home.
That night
-
I got home and ran up to my room. I started bawling thinking about Jacob. How could someone do this to such a sweet person. Ugh this sucks. At this point I wasn't even worried about what had happened to me. I was worried about him. I really like him even though I just met him I think I'm falling...hard.