Chapter 18: Far From Love

We pulled up to Nash's house. It was huge! Jacob and I got upstairs and
picked the guest room with a king size bed. I started putting my things in the drawers of the dresser. "I can't wait to meet your mom and sister soon babe" I said. He just kind of stood still. Froze up. "Jacob? What is wrong?" "Well um. Here's the thing." He sits me on his lap. "I haven't exactly told them yet..." I felt my body tense up. Rage flowing through me. I got up. "What is wrong with you? All this time I thought your mom and sister knew who I was! That's sickening. You disgust me!" I shout a little too loud. His eyes start to water, "But I love you" he says. "Oh no mister I don't right now, we are far from love." I walk out slamming the door behind me so he knows that I'm mad. I run down stairs only to see Brooke and Shawn already watching a movie on the couch. They hear me come downstairs. They pause the movie and turn to me. "Oh Ri. Jacob?" Brooke says. I nod my head starting to cry. " Come on Ri, lets go shop. Hopefully that will cheer you up." She gets up grabs her purse and Shawn's car keys and we leave the house. In the car all I can do is cry. She puts on music that makes the both of us laugh. Slowly she cheers me up. She doesn't ask anything about what happened with Jacob and I'm glad she didn't. But I will tell her later. we pull into the mall parking lot. We park and make our way into the mall.
-
Jacob's POV:
She left the room slamming the door behind her. I put my head in my hands and begin to cry. "You're such a screw up" I scream at myself. All of a sudden I hear a knock at the door. "Who is it" I say trying to make it sound like I wasn't crying. "Shawn, um is everything ok" he says. "Yeah yeah I'm fine" I say. "Ok well I'll see you later I'm going to go make lunch. Do you want anything" he asks. "No I'm good" I say. "Ok" he says and walks away. I feel like punching something. Like the wall but I don't want to break the Grier's stuff. So instead I decide to lay down and and go to sleep. Before I know it I'm asleep.