CHAPTER #2

Cassie and Melissa waited for Jake to pick them up. They had made sure Melissa's parents had seen them. Cassie talked to Faye's mom, the principle, advising that her grandmother was still away. They slipped out and waited on the sidewalk. Jake pulled up in his black pickup. Cassie got in beside him and Melissa followed.

"I don't think we'll find anything tonight, I've looked before," Melissa said.

"Did you use a locator or finder spell?" Jake asked.

"No, but that's a great idea!" Melissa praised.

Cassie was quiet, Jake slid her a glance. She was looking at where their thighs touched. He grinned to himself. He felt it too. She tore her eyes away and looked at Melissa.

"This will be my first time at your house," Cassie said.

"Too bad we don't have time for the grand tour," Jake remarked sarcastically.

Melissa smiled at Cassie, "some day you'll see it."

They arrived, but parked a few houses away. Jake and Cassie followed Melissa through the yard to the backdoor. Melissa unlocked it and turned on her flashlight. She led the way upstairs. Jake removed the attic panel. Then he boosted Melissa up through the hole. Melissa dropped down the rope ladder. Cassie started up, while Jake held the rope steady. Jake admired the view of her ass. Once the girls were clear of the hole, he climbed up and joined them.

With their flashlights set on the floor, they held hands. Cassie's eyes shot to Jake, as she felt an electric tingle where their skin met. He had his eyes closed. But he did squeeze her right hand a little harder then released the pressure, letting her alone know he had felt it too.

"Concentrate on the book and will yourself to find it," Jake said. He waited a moment and said an incantation. The girls repeated it with him three times.

He let go of their hands and picked up his flashlight. They did the same. It was like all attics; dusty and full of junk. Melissa sneezed when she moved some books aside.

"This place is disgusting. It's obvious no one has been up here in years," Melissa observed.

Cassie was shining her light over some binders when her light seemed to get brighter. She went in closer for a better look. "I think I found something."

"The book?" Melissa asked.

"No, but a paper with symbols and words."

Jake came over to look at it. He put his flashlight over the page. "Take it with you for now, we'll look at it later." He moved on.

A mouse ran over Melissa's hand. She shrieked and jumped backwards. In the process of doing so she tripped over an old suitcase and bumped into Cassie. Cassie began to fall backwards too. Jake caught Cassie, saving both girls from their fall.

"Ladies if you want to be in my arms, we should go to Melissa's bedroom," Jake said.

Cassie and Melissa said in unison, "not going to happen."

Then Cassie asked if Melissa was okay. Melissa confirmed she was and explained about the mouse. "Hey look, this suitcase got knocked open. It's full of papers. This one is definitely a spell of some sort." Melissa waived a paper at them.

Jake wandered over, "close it up and I'll carry it out to my truck."

They did as he asked and kept searching. They had found nothing else by the time he returned. They called it quits. Melissa and Cassie climbed down the ladder, then Jake pulled it up and lowered himself down. As they were in the process of leaving, car lights lit up the front of the house.