Chapter 1

The wedding was in only a few days. In a few days, my brother and his beautiful fiancée would walk down the aisle, and wed in holy matrimony.

            Or at least try for the fourth time.

            I chuckled to my self as I heard the radio host talking about how the fourth time would be the charm for Sue and Reed.

            I examined the gasket, and switched it out for a smaller one before attaching it to the engine.

            “All good here,” I told Reed, and he turned it on. The whole city lit up, and we high fived. The city had experienced electrical shortages since we had fought Bulldozer in Palmdale. We were due for an interview in LA in twenty minutes.

            “Shit,” I said. “You’re not going to make it.”

            “Go ahead, I’ll get there as soon as I can. If I’m not there by the time we go on, say I got sick. Text me if I’m too late,” he said, holding up the PDA he had gotten addicted to.

            “You got it,” I said, and flew to the studio. This was going to be interesting. I got there with ten minutes to spare, and landed right outside the studio. I quickly melted myself, and jogged inside.

            “Where have you been?” Sue asked.

            “Fixing the electrical in Palmdale, I got here as fast as I could, and Reed’s hauling ass here,” I told her, and suddenly I was attacked by the make-up crew, and forced into a chair where people started doing my make up.

            “Why are we doing this again?” I asked Sue before my lips were squished.

            “Johnny stupidly promised this interview,” she said. “I thought it was only fair we do it.”

            “Okay, Reed told me that if he didn’t make it, to just say he was sick,” I told her.

            “No, we’ll tell the truth, it’ll sound better that way,” Johnny said, strolling in, looking all handsome.

            “I’m going to kick your ass for this,” I promised him, glaring.

            “Oh, come on, it’ll be fun,” Johnny said.

            “Yes, being asked if I wear underwear under my uniform is so much fun,” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

            ***

            Reed didn’t make it, and we all met up at the airport, and once we got to the gate, everyone started to recognize us.

            “Can I get you’re picture?” A little girl asked, tugging on my hand.

            “Sure,” I said, and crouched down with her as her mom took the picture.

            “Thank you,” the mom said, smiling, and then grabbing her hand, and left, the girl waving back at me. I waved back, grinning.

            “Unbelievable,” Reed said as I walked up next to him, reading the article on us being celebrities over scientists over his shoulder. “Unexplainable events are popping up all over the world, and all anyone cares about are what china patterns you and I have picked out.”

            “Which one’s did you pick, the white ones, with the little blue flowers?” Ben asked. I looked up, eyebrow lifted.

            “It’s happening again, isn’t it?” Sue asked. I wandered away to go sit by Johnny on the chairs.