Chapter 7

{A/N: Sorry for missing a day guys, it completely went over my head. I'm only going to upload one chapter today, and I hope you like it :) 

        ~S }

I was working in the lab when Johnny poked his head in. I took my headphones out and looked at him.

            “I need to talk to you and Ben,” he said, and he looked serious.

            “Okay,” I said, cautious, and followed him out. We went to the weight room, where Ben was working out and talking to Alicia.

            “They’re breaking up the team,” Johnny said, and sat on a stool. I leaned against the counter next to him.

            “What?” I asked.        

            “Reed and Sue, I just over heard them-“ he started.

            “You were eavesdropping,” I admonished.

            “I walked by and I heard them,” he said giving me a look. “They want a nice normal, boring ass life. No more Fantastic Five.”

            I frowned. I understood why. If I ever considered having kids, I sure as hell wouldn’t want to raise them in this mess. But that didn’t mean that I was excited about it.

            “What do they expect us to do?” Ben asked. “Keep it going just the three of us?”

            “And call ourselves what, the Terrific Three?” Johnny asked.

            “When were they going to tell us?” Ben asked.

            “They’ll tell you when their ready to tell you,” Alicia said. “It’s their decision, not yours. You can’t be mad at them for doing what makes them happy.”

            “She has a point,” I said, shrugging. “I’m not anymore excited about this than you two are, but Reed’s my brother first, then a superhero. I have to support whatever makes him happy, even if it ends possibly the best thing that ever happened to the two of us.”

            Reed came in then. “Guys,” he said. “We’ve got a serious problem.”

            “Did the computer finish searching for the cosmic radiation?” I asked him.

            He nodded, and I looked at the guys, gesturing for them to follow us.

            “How bad is it?” I asked him, murmuring.  

            “Bad,” he murmured back, and I steeled myself. Once we got to the lab, we stood in the control center.

            “Maggie and I have been cross referencing the surfer’s radiation throughout the astronomical database,” Reed said. “Ultar 7, Rigel 3, Vegas 6.”

            “He’s been to all these planets?” Ben asked.

            “Yes,” Reed said. “And now they’re lifeless, barren. Some are even shattered. Everywhere the surfer goes, 8 days later, the planet dies.”

            “How are we going to stop him? We don’t even know where he is,” Ben said.

            “I actually had an idea for that,” I said, raising my hand, and leaned over Reed, opening up the file I had started. “They’re appearing in numerical sequence. The last crater was formed in Greenland, so the next one should be…” I said, and just nudged Reed out of the way so I could calculate it. “Latitude 51 degrees, 30 minutes north, Longitude 0 degrees, 7 minutes West.”