Epilogue

One Year Later

            Reed and I worked through half the night. I was so damn nervous. Reed, naturally, joined me. It was his way of showing comradery.

            So, I had decided to be sleep-deprived for the whole event. Might actually make the whole thing easier.

            I woke up at 8 am when Reed shook my shoulder. I had fallen asleep at my workbench, the circuit board for the new supercomputer we were building next to my head.

            "Mags," Reed said. He shook me again. "Mags, it starts in 3 hours."          

            "What?" I asked, wiping my mouth.

            "Your wedding," he said.       

            "No, that's um, that's tomorrow," I said, and looked at my phone. It was tomorrow. "Shit! Sue is going to kill me!"

            "You?" he said. "I told her I'd have you in bed by midnight. She'll be coming for me later."

            "I have to go get ready," I said, and stumbled out of my chair, heading for my room.

***

I shifted nervously as Sue laced up the back of the dress.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes, Maggie," she assured me.

"I know it's stupid-" I started.

"Maggie, it'll be fine," she said. "I have done this before too. Just didn't get very far."

"I should have talked him into a small wedding," I murmured. "I thought we found out media circuses didn't work out."

"It will be fine," she said. "There will be no helicopters because we'll be inside. There's a specific guest list so little to no press can get in. Reed has sworn to keep his phone in the lab, and I've already commandeered yours, Johnny's, and Ben's. It will be fine."

I took a deep breath. "You're right. It'll be fine."

"Look, it's the blushing bride!" Matt said as he walked in with Justin.

"Hey!" I said, and gave them both hugs. Sue, who was 7 months pregnant, waddled over to give hugs out too.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Everything's perfect," Justin said. "I mean, Johnny ran off to Mexico, but we'll figure something out."

I hit him in the shoulder. "Not funny."

He kissed my cheek. "I know I'm sorry."

"Sure you are," I said, rolling my eyes. I turned back to the mirror to look at my dress. It was an A-line style, with lace stopping at my neck. {A/N: pic up top}

Everything's going to be fine. I needed to stop worrying.

"Hello," I heard Alicia say from the door. She came in, Ben trailing behind her, closing the door.   

"Alicia, Ben," I said, grinning.

"You look gorgeous, Mags," Ben said, walking over to hug me carefully.

"Thanks," I said, grinning. "How's Johnny?"

"Hung-over," he said, and tried not to laugh when I glared. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. He's stone cold sober, and probably having another panic attack."

He said that like he was trying to joke around, but it actually in a messed up way made me feel better. I wasn't the only one freaking out. Good.

"Okay," I said, nodding.