Explain yourself

HOTCH'S POV

I brought her to work with me today. I shouldn't have done that. I thought it would have been good for her to see her brother, for them to just kiss and make up. I was wrong.

I heard Reid really going in on her. Calling her a whore earlier. Scrutinising her for eating lunch with me. Enough is enough

"Reid, a word in my office please" I said calmly. I am still his boss. "Oh look, boyfriend Hotch to the rescue . Arent you happy Alex! I mean you come in here all marked up by him, you must want everyone to know you're his!" Reid growls at Alex

"Dr.Reid, I think that's quite enough, my office. Now" I have to admit I definitely let my emotions get the best of me. I need to calm myself down

As soon as he sat in my office I knew what I was going to say to him "Spencer. I am fully aware you love your sister. I know how much the two of you have been through and I know that she loves you like you're her child. She values your opinion and I know that what you think matters to her but you have absolutely no right to be treating her this way. She deserves better. She was the one who picked you up when you were down. She is the one who you to to to talk about things that hurt you. She needs you more than ever right now and you are scrutinising every single move she makes. Don't you think that is hurting her"

"All due respect sir but I don't really care about how she feels fright now. I'm hurting too right now and she doesn't see that. I'm not upset about you two being together, in fact I love the idea. She was supposed to be here to help me, to look after me but she's too busy now following you around. I cant see her fall for another man who will break her heart. I cant" Spencer says with tears in his eyes.

"I won't break her heart. The only person close to breaking her heart right now is you. So I suggest you go home and fix yourself up before you come back in this office tomorrow. Goodnight Dr.Reid "

"Sir. Look after her okay?" Reid says. I've never seen him like this "lex needs someone and I can't be there for her right now."

"Reid. She is perfectly fine with me"

———————————————————————

AN
okay how are we finding it ?
Again all criticism is great <33