Trouble in paradise

And just like that, he was gone

"I am so sorry Elle! I didn't think he would come all the way down here"

"Don't worry al! There's no problem. How is Spencer by the way? I haven't seen him in like forever"

"Well you know he's Spencer! We have been a lot closer since I became unit chief which is really great"

"How did that happen? Did Aaron step down?"

"No he died Elle" you just laughed with her... your dark humour obviously caught her off guard "he was being chased by George Foyet and he tried to kill him in an explosion. I was stabbed too... not fun. And now Strauss is being a bitch because two years ago I slept with Emily and she thinks I'm a terrible unit chief now"

"Sweet lord. Are you okay? That must have been really hard. Don't worry about Strauss, she's always been a bitch."

"I think she has something going on with Dave so I might play into that"

"Strossi? Good lord and she's preaching to you about having relationships with your subordinate? Ugh I hate the woman"

You couldn't help but laugh at their ship-name *strossi* she was good at coming up with things on the spot... that's good for a profiler

You had been at the library for at least two hours when you decided you should go home and get some rest. The walk home was short but you could tell something was wrong, it's like the world was telling you to stay safe.

When you finally got home you got a text from an old colleague of yours from when you worked undercover

ALEXIS DAVIES

A.Davies
You and I need to talk Alex.
Read 3:52 pm

A.Reid
Okay where? Is everything ok?
Read 3:53 pm
A.Davies
Meet me at the water fountain on
3rd. Don't bring your phone
Read 3:54 pm

Was Alexis is danger? Should you tell Aaron? Nah I'm sure it's fine... right?

You made it all the way to the fountain where you saw a burner phone. You picked it up and heard Alexis's voice.

"Alex! How have you been... long time no see"

"Yeah. I was kinda hoping I didn't have to see you for a while because every time we talk it's always bad news so what is it this time?"

"Alex. Dmitri Pavlovich escaped prison."

"Fuck ... am I in danger?"

"Everyone is"

"Should I tell the team? They might be able to help"

"You can but it will put them in danger too"

"Okay. Stay safe Alexis"

" you too Alex"

How could he be back after all of these years? He was supposed to be gone forever, you weren't ever supposed to see him again

You went home but you were on edge. You had a son now, you were supposed to protect him and you couldn't because you were equally in danger.

On Monday you decided not to tell the team in order to protect them. You had a case of a few home invasions that needed to be sorted which led you to some sort of Irish mob but it was over as soon as it started and Strauss told you she was proud of you which you didn't really see coming.

You were always the first on the jet and you always sat in the corner, next to the window. You walked on to the jet and went to sit in your unofficially assigned seat when you saw a letter with the name Anya Daynes written on the front .... Your undercover name.

The letter read:

My dear and darling Anya,
How long it has been since I have seen your face. I understand you have a pretty good family now, not as good as ours. Obviously Anya isn't your real name but you will always be Anya to me. I have missed you dearly моя любовь.

D.p

The breath hitched in the back of your throat. He called you his love? But you didn't think he ever loved you, he didn't act like he did. This means he knows where you are and he is watching, he couldn't have gotten on the jet otherwise. You felt the tears begin to fall

You were pulled out of your blank stare by the sound of Aaron boarding the jet. You tried your best to wipe your eyes but he knew somethings was wrong by how hard you were clutching the small sheet in your hand

"Alex? Are you alright" he looked genuinely concerned

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine don't worry Aar"

"Alexandria, I know your idiosyncrasies... you're not acting like yourself" you couldn't hold on any longer. You fell into his arms

"He's back"

"Who is back"

"Dimitri Pavlovich"

"He can't be ! I thought he was in prison"

"He escaped"

You had missed Aaron's touch. Things had taken a rocky turn between the two of you, you missed him.

"We are going to catch this son of a bitch okay Alex? Nothing is going to happen to you do you hear me?"

"Which son of a bitch?" Elle asked climbing onto the jet

"It's okay Elle, I'm okay let's just get back home" you said. You didn't want to show you were weak in front of the team, you were supposed to be in charge.

The team decided to go out for drinks again when you landed. The last case was extremely emotionally draining and it was good to have team bonding every now and again so you all made your way to okeefs

You were a gin and tonic down when JJ pointed out that a man kept on staring at you from the bar which made Aaron get a little bit more handsy. He had his hand in your thigh the whole night after that. You were happy that he was acting better around you again but you still needed to talk.

A few minutes later a bartender came over with a drink and a note saying someone wanted me to have it. It was a vodka cranberry. You hadn't had one of those since you were undercover, you knew who it was from.

"Alex since when were you a vodka cranberry girl?" Derek said sending you a wink

"I'm not" you say as he goes to take it from in front of you "DONT drink it please, nobody drink it"

The note that came with it read:

My sweet Anya,
I never pictured you as the classic G&T girl. Vodka was always your favourite on Russian soil. I wonder if your toy boy knew that? Or maybe you've just got him wrapped so tightly around your finger he doesn't care about the lies. Does he treat you better than I did? I didn't think so

D.P

That son of a bitch was here and you weren't safe