[10]

As Y/N walked through the airport, she spoke the little Italian she had in her head - the basic introduction sentences and bought the last of her favourite Italian snacks in the airport to bring on the flight and to take home. She stepped onto the plane, her heart heavy. She texted Victoria.
"Just getting on the plane now, finally saying bye bye to Rome :(
Talk later <3"
Y/N walked slowly onto the plane, with all of the mostly Irish citizens alongside some of the Italians going on holiday. She envied them. She imagined those people having the same fate as she had. She sat in the window seat of the fourteenth row. She listened to the safety announcements, zoning out for the most parts and then; the plane was on the move.
She looked out the window as the plane speeded down the runway. She started to cry. Wiping her tears with her hand, the woman noticed her crying. "hey, darling you alright?" she noticed her North Dublin accent. "Yeah, I met my girlfriend at the start of my holiday and I just really enjoyed Italy." The woman nodded her head. "yeah, Ireland seems pretty boring compared to Italy when you've lived there your whole life. But, Ireland is pretty good too." Y/N agreed with her point. Ireland was definitely one of the most beautiful countries in the world but being stuck there for all of your life can be tiring.
" yeah, I think it's the first holiday I've been on where I don't want to go home" she chuckled. The woman smiled, "everyone needs change. I'm sure your girlfriend will adore Ireland when she comes here. She'll probably feel the same way as you!"
"yeah you're right. Thank you."
"no problem girlie. Now, I'm going to sleep because this little one has had me up most of the nights past." she said, pointing to her baby daughter in the baby seat next to her.
"she's gorgeous, but I won't keep you from sleeping any longer."
She looked out the window, all she could really see was clouds and water. Then, turbulence. Lots of it. Y/N's worst nightmare. She hates it with all her heart. She needed something to calm her down. Then, she thought of something. 'Vent'anni - måneskin' she typed into her phone. It started play and she heard the bass come in, loud and deep. She flashed a smile. The turbulence stopped after about three minutes. She breathed a sigh of relief.

After possibly the best sleep she has gotten in a while, Y/N was woken up by an announcement over the intercom. "Good evening everyone, after a brilliant flight with little turbulence we are now flying into Dublin Airport. The local time is 2:54pm. Hopefully you had a good flight experience and thank you for flying with us."

Y/N got out of the plane and was welcomed with a blast of the Irish weather. Rainy, windy, dull. She walked through the airport seeing all the Irish shops, brands and people that she didn't miss. And then remembered to call Victoria.
"Ciao!" exclaimed Vic into the phone.
"Ciao! I'm in Dublin now, just got in."
"Awh good. Nice flight?"
"turbulence but, okay I guess."
"that's good, we're in the studio. You're on speaker phone, say hi."
"hi guys!"
"Hi Y/N!!! WE MISS YOU ALREADY" screamed Thomas, Ethan and Damiano.
"I miss you too!" laughed Y/N.
"well I'll call soon, text when you get home, Sì?"
"Sì, bye."
"bye."

BACK AT Y/N's HOUSE: she walked in the door carrying her suitcases where she met her mother, father and brothers; Connor and Adam standing at the door with a poorly made sign saying "Welcome home Y/N."
She laughed when she saw the poster. Let's just say her brothers will never be artists.
"Y/N! Welcome home!" they shouted.
"Hahah hi!" she said in reply, trying to act like she was happy to be home.
"come into the kitchen quick, I want to know all about your trip." said her mother, turning around and rushing into the kitchen. She was also greeted by her dog, rolo. "Rolo!! I missed you" she said, rubbing his head as he twirled around in excitement. "I might have found an Italian girlfriend for you! Her name is Chili!"
She continued to follow her mam into the kitchen. The smell of dinner leading her in.
"So, fill me in. What was it like?"
"absolutely amazing! Possibly the most beautiful place on the planet. The food, people, scenery. Everything was just incredible."
"mmhm I heard you especially liked the people" mocked Connor, Adam gave him a hit with his elbow into the side.
"The fuck did ya do that for?!?!"
"shut up next time, eh?" said Adam, rolling his eyes. There was only two years between them. Adam was seventeen, Connor was fifteen.
"well yes actually, I met a band that are taking me to eurovision" teased Y/N.
"what." Connor's face dropped. He obviously didn't know. Adam did but not Connor.
"yeah. I'm dating the bassist. They're representing Italy." She said, rubbing it in his shocked face.
"oh, yes yes tell me more about Victoria." said her mother, drinking her cup of tea.
"well... She's 21, from Rome. She plays bass in måneskin... We met at the airport. OH! and she has a dog named Chili and a sister named Nica."
Her mother smiled. "Well, I'd love to meet her. Are they thinking of coming here or..?"
"I mean, I havent a clue. If they win they'll be doing a world tour. I think they have a good chance."
"I agree" chimed in Adam. "Y/N sent me their name and I watched a few of their performances. They're great."
"yes. Well I'm going to have a shower. I feel disgusting."
She left the room and sighed heavily while looking out the window to the terribly gloomy landscape.
"Home safe now, weather horrible :/ talk later <3"
She sent it to Victoria and turned on the shower. She forgot how busy her house was. Just two weeks and she'd be in Rotterdam. All she had to do was wait.
-
-
-
-
Hey! Sorry if this chapter was slightly boring I just thought it was important to write about the flight etc.
Again, thank you all so much for the wonderful response this has gotten and hopefully you'll keep reading!