Chapter 2

~ Chapter 2 ~

Blair Creed's Point of View

That night I went out gambling at a party nearby. I didn't make much because I was constantly looking around, nervous for my father. People didn't want to play with me, they thought I looked suspicious. I did, but I still needed the cash. It wasn't until what I guessed was one or two in the morning that the worst happened. 

A loud cracking sound woke me up, making me jump up and grab my switchblade from where I keep it tucked near my head. What if it's the fuzz? Damn it, they found me. 

What can they do about it? As far as they know, I've been missing for 10 years now and I haven't committed any crimes if I haven't been here. 

"Nice job, Johnny," a quiet voice says. His voice is squeaky, must be young. I peer over the top and see two shadows underneath me. They're both fairly small, but so are some cops. Who are they? They dont seem to know I'm here. What do I do? I can't just run down there. What if they have blades? Or a gun? 

I need to catch them when they're vulnerable, let them fall asleep or something. That plan was scratched when I accidentally stubbed my toe on the corner. I've been here for years and I have never done that before. Now they know I'm here. Or it's just an animal. I duck fast, but the balcony isn't a solid wall, just bars of wood that you can clearly see through. My hair doesn't provide for good camouflage either. 

"I think someone's in here, Pony." The voice must have been 'Johnny' because it was different than the first. He's quieter, quiet enough to allow me to hear a switchblade flick open. I keep my own at the ready. 

"Wh-Who's there?" The same voice stutters. "We ain't - We ain't gonna hurt you or n-nothing." From what I see as they get caught in the moonlight from the hole in the roof, I'm not worried about what they'd do to me. Im worried about what they'd tell other people. Nobody can find out anything about this. 

I catch the eyes of one of the boys in a flannel shirt. He has something wrapped tightly around his waist. He nudges the other guy and points at me. The other boy has black hair and his figure is much darker than the other's. 

"I-I'm putting the blade do-"

"Who are you?" I interrupt, making my voice deeper to sound like a man's. The blade catches the moonlight on the ground. They dont want a fight. Maybe it's just because I have the upper hand. Upper land is the upper ground here.  I swallow, biting the inside of my cheek. I let out a shaky exhale. 

"We didn't know someone was here. Our buddy told us to come here," the flannel boy says. "We dont mean no trouble. We just…"

"Why are you here?" I stand up, much less threatened at my assessment of the two boys. 

The first must be the one called Johnny. He has black hair shining in the light, but everything about him is dark. He's skinny, there's no muscle on his bones. There is a denim jacket over his shoulders with matching denim on his jeans. He looks more nervous than I do--like he's just seen a ghost. He couldn't be more than 18. 

I have no clue of the other's name, but his hair is just as greasy, by his actually stays out of his face. It's slicked straight back. He's, as I mentioned before, in a flannel with a darl jacket around his waist. His jeans match the other boy's, but their complexions are completely different.